[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do normal people eat? I can either binge or restrict, I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: how-to-stop-binge-eating.jpg (69KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-stop-binge-eating.jpg
69KB, 620x349px
How do normal people eat? I can either binge or restrict, I don't know how to eat normally

Do I eat 3 meals a day? What's a good portion size? What if you're still starving after eating normal portions?

What if you're not hungry in the morning and don't want to eat breakfast?
>>
3 meals a day, around 500-700 calories a meal, depending on your gender and how tall you are and how active you are. You should probably it breakfast, but it won't kill you if you eat a later breakfast and then a late lunch and a late dinner.
>>
File: 1359878956828.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1359878956828.png
187KB, 400x750px
fuck dude

I don't even know

As a bulimic, I've been struggling with this same problem for ten years.
Recently I've tried to insert myself into an eating disorder clinic, but my health insurance company is full of idiots and now I don't have enough time off from grad school to fully commit to it.
All I can say is I know that feel and I hope you find the help you need.
>>
>>18227340
Good luck to you too
>>
Look up intermittent fasting if you really don't like doing breakfast. Basically, you put ~14 hours between the last meal of one day and the first meal of the next day.

Other than that, I can recommend doing fruit/veggie smoothies with protein powder, loading up on veggies with your meals (they will make you feel fuller), and making sure you get a lot of fiber/take a fiber suppliment. Good luck!
>>
>>18227357
I looked into it but apparently intermittent fasting is really bad for women, and I am a woman sadly

Thanks for the tips
>>
>>18227363
Fair enough. I'm a woman too, I usually only do it a few days a week (crescendo fasting I believe it's called). It seems to help my appetite, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

I did forget to mention too, no matter what you decide to do, drink plenty of water throughout the day, starting with a big glass when you wake up.
>>
>>18227295
>What if you're still starving after eating normal portions?
Then you're not eating right foods. What you eat is as important as how much you eat
>>
>>18227468
What are the 'right' foods?
>>
>>18227295
>What if you're not hungry in the morning and don't want to eat breakfast?
Don't eat breakfast, then. Don't listen to the people who say BUT IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY, IT'LL SCREW UP YOUR METABOLISM. Listen to your body. That's the most important rule; really, it's the only rule. Listen to your body.

>What if you're still starving after eating normal portions?
Dude. Eat when you're hungry. Eat 'til you're full.

Don't eat too fast, give your body a chance to tell you it's full. Don't eat garbage. You don't have to go full-on Paleo or Mediterranean or whatever diet is trendy this week. Just eat a decent mix of meat, fruit, and veggies, don't go TOO heavy on the carbs and treat drinkable calories (soda, sweetened tea/coffee, juice, beer) the way you treat desserts - as an occasional treat, not an every-day kind of thing.

Follow this advice and you shouldn't be "starving after eating normal portions." But if you are, KEEP EATING. Increase the size of the meal. But if you just ate a burger and you're still hungry, don't add on another burger, or fries, or dessert. Eat an orange, or some broccoli, or some soup, you get the idea.

Don't obsess over any number of meals per day, just make sure that you're only eating when you're feeling actual hunger PANGS and that you don't just have the munchies.
>>
>>18227481
>What are the 'right' foods?

Anything that doesn't have sugar.

Also
>>/fit/
>>
>>18227295
There are containment boards like /fit/ and /ck/ for these threads, though I have a feeling you didn't want to be mocked for a question that could have been solved by a Google search or reading a sticky.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.