[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when they say you need to be happy by yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1414814516189.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414814516189.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
What does it mean when they say you need to be happy by yourself before making friends?

I'm sort of happy with my job and hobbies but depressed because I'm so lonely and have no one to talk to.

That's like saying a hungry person needs to stop being hungry before they can eat.
>>
No one wants to be friends with a miserable cunt
>>
I'm the same bro, it's just a thing that normalfags say because it would literally give them an aneurysm if they could actually empathize with the thought
>>
It's about how you carry yourself and how you interact with others. You don't necessarily have to be happy and fulfilled to make friends, but if you do nothing with your life you'll have nothing to talk to about people, if you hate the world you'll always be bringing the mood down because you're shit talking this or that, if you hate people you'll always be quick to judge them negatively and as a result you'll distance yourself from them, or if you voice it they will from you, if you're cripplingly alone you'll be clingy and codependent, etc. If you can manage a positive outlook on life and not be overly distant or overly clingy you'll be able to make friends.

I found it easier to start out practicing socializing, then getting a job, practicing making acquaintances, and now I've made some work-friends. I'm trying to deepen those friendships now. Each step along the way helped me become less clingy and helped improve my outlook in life. Other things unrelated to socializing can too, like having hobbies and in general finding things you enjoy and can take pride in.
>>
>>18227050

this

normies expect you to be all that and a bag of chips if your gonna have no friends and try to be friends with them

social proof is everything, and I'm talking about real life social proof, not facebook photos/# of friends
>>
>>18227053
Ignore this nigger, he has no idea about your actual situation, and is spouting generic drivel
>>
>>18227060

its /adv/ nobody here knows what they are talking about. when it comes to sex and relationships, and specifically questions about being social, you just get the haves telling the have nots to stop being x,y and stop doing y,z and it will fix everything

society is absolutely fucked and no one who is doing well wants to admit it while those who aren't are crying out for help and being told to either get lost or stfu and do this/that
>>
>>18227060
Or, you know, I was and am there. I was a NEET for close to a decade, a hikikomori for a fair bit of that, and didn't have any friends for a long time both before and after. If OP wants to improve, that's how to do it.
>>
>>18227070
No I seriously doubt that. Your just an armchair trying to do some "good deed"
>>
>>18227040
This.

It's one thing to be sad and misunderstood, being incapable of projecting your best side to others who are willing to you take a chance on you is a HUGE red flag you're alone because you're unlikable.

You can say you're really a gentle soul on the inside, that deep down you're this friendly puppy dog of person and all that crap but if all you have to show for yourself is the garbage parts of you as a person, people are gonna ditch you like garbage.
>>
Most people are sensitive little special snowflake souls and can't handle the slightest bit of rain in their "positivity bubble".

In truth, millennials have lost all sense of perspective and are trying to force people into a cult of artificial happiness and faked respect. Just as long as nothing real is showing, they'll love you too. It's part of their post-ironic post-meta post-modern worldview where nothing matters except muh feelings. It's pathetically easy to make friends once you realize that all people want in life is virtue-signalling, circlejerking, and forced positivity with an-occasional-randumb-edgy-joke to mix things up just so you don't look too upbeat all of the time. Millennials hate the same routine every day.
>>
Norms think "not having friends" means moving to a new city and not knowing anybody for a few months. The idea of not having a friend in the world is utterly alien to them.
>>
>>18227119
Are you sure you don't think you're the special snowflake anon?
>n-no, i'm just different from everyone on a fundamental and better than them!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.