[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I received a copyright infringement notice from my ISP today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_31572-fug194877926.jpg (58KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31572-fug194877926.jpg
58KB, 600x797px
So I received a copyright infringement notice from my ISP today. If I was to receive a subpoena for this notice, how long might I expect to wait to receive it?
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
Bump

To clarify, the message I received contained my name and address, but it did not indicate that this info was released to the claiming party. Should I be worried?
>>
Just ignore that shit, they aren't going to do anything.
>>
>>18227258
This.
Your ISP makes money selling you an internet connection; if they threaten you because of piracy, then you're more likely to cancel and stop giving them your money.
>>
>>18227314
The ISP isn't obligated to protect someone in the event of criminal allegations, though. That's the point of the claiming party getting a subpoena in the first place
>>
>>18227014
Look up the statute of limitations on piracy.

But seriously, they aren't going to waste their time and money subpoena subpoenaing you.
>>
>>18228074
This
The amount of money to take you to court is greater than leaving you alone. All they want is money. They send those out hoping some gullible fucks get scared and pay them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.