[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27, living alone in a small apartment. I have a day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

I'm 27, living alone in a small apartment. I have a day job, which is pretty much the only reason I would go outside. I have literally zero friends. Not many people have zero friends. My family lives across the ocean. I think solitude is eating up my brain. All I did today was listening to the ticking sound from my clock. In a city of millions, I feel like I'm the only person in the universe.

Where should I go from here?
>>
try to be an activist.
>>
Enroll in some evening classes of something you like.
>>
>>18226891
Read, educate yourself.
>>
>I feel isolated when I choose to isolate myself

Try going outside for something other than work. Guarantee there will be people there. You could even talk to a few of them.
>>
>>18226891
There, there, someone could actually be interested in a girl who is lieing about her age online, due to paranoia. I come here, too. And I'm pretty much autism-ed myself into being Bendthatdick Cobbletrash.
>>
>>18227108
best advice
>>
This sounds exactly like my internet friend: he is 27, he lives alone in a apartment, he loves Nier, he lives in the city
>>
>>18226891
don't you have people you can connect with at work? You musical at all? I made all my friends when I moved to a new city by posting an ad looking for people to start a band with, now I'm pretty entrenched in an awesome local music scene.

Your solitude is self inflicted man, you're just gonna have to put yourself out there.
>>
Sounds like you are shifting...I'm lonely too...no family, no friends, no support can really bring you down. You might consider buying pets! A dog, a cat, a fishtank? Maybe there is a pizza place with free Wi-Fi you could go to for a little while, or get some plants...you need something else to take care of besides yourself...I vote for a pet! Prayers and Hugs for you! Happy Easter :)
>>
I'll be your friend, anon :3

Things are pretty similar for me... I surround myself with hobbies and passions that I burn out and discard every so often, and the people I see like me would rather isolate themselves than accept somebody can unconditionally care for them.

I guess just always be on the lookout for opportunities, regret is worst when it's something you didn't do.

I hope the best for you.
>>
I think you guys are right. I will try to go outside more.
>>
>>18226891
Tinder
>>
>>18226891
I'm same.

>>18227108
This is shittiest advice you can get. "Go out" and then what? Walk in the streets?
People like me and OP don't go out EXACTLY because there is nothing interesting to do there. And talking to random people about random shit is not what we are interested in.

>>18228921
>don't you have people you can connect with at work?
No, not really.
>>
I'm pretty introverted. I took a trip to a large city and spent most of it in museums. I had a fucking blast.

Ever consider just doing something different?
>>
>>18231285
>Walk in the streets?
use the streets to locate a commercial establishment of some kind. Examples include: bagel shop, bar/club, department store, book store, theater.
>how early do you start making these bagels?
>wow really? sounds like you can't stay up too late or go out
>etc...
>>
>>18231368
Why would I bother people while they are doing their job?
>>
>>18226891
>I have literally zero friends. Not many people have zero friends.
Do you make an effort to make friends or do you just mop around watching anime and feeling sorry for yourself?
>>
>>18231285
>Walk in the streets?
Streets are meant for walking on. If you see someone you want to talk to go and talk to them, there are three reactions you can get:

1) They completely blow you out
2) They put up with you cause they're too nice but nothing results from it
3) You make a new friend

The importance of doing this is you'll realize there are a lot of people out there just like you who are scared of talking to strangers and if you do it enough and get better at it, you'll end up not hating yourself at 50 when you realize you didn't put effort into your social skills.

You regret the things you DIDNT DO more than the things that you did.
>>
>>18231285

Lol you really need your hand held through everything?

Not finding any interesting in your environment sounds like a personal problem. Do you like architecture? food? art?

You actually have to go and put yourself in a position where you will run across something or someone. Noone will come to you.
>>
>>18231427
>>18231433
People like you is why /adv/ is shit. You don't consider the other side at all.

>>18231427
>someone you want to talk to
Why would I want to talk to random people on the street?

>>18231433
>Do you like architecture? food? art?
No.

>Not finding any interesting in your environment sounds like a personal problem.
Well, fuck you too.
>>
>>18231442
So what things do you like?
>>
>>18231285

Lol you dont want advice. Just someone to validate your shitty existence. Fuck off.
>>
>>18226891
I'm the same, can't talk too much anything interesting with most of the people.
>>18231427
Man, thanks for the advice, there are a few people that I really wanted to talk but I'm afraid to do.
>>
>>18226891
>Where should I go from here?
get a nicer clock
>>
File: 1440292452047.png (297KB, 622x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440292452047.png
297KB, 622x600px
>>18226891
It's weird. I have a lot of friends and people who like me, people who are attracted to me, a partner who did everything for me, yet I'm bored and apathic of it all.

It's so bad... if you don't have love or friends, or can't get it, I feel you can at least strive towards it. But if you have it and it bores you, what then? What's next?

I can't seem to find anything.
>>
>>18231492
Fall down some stairs.
>>
>>18226891
27 also. I have "friends" i.e. people I see once every 3 months or so when they need something from me, like cash.

We got dealt a bad hand, nothing you can do except bluff or fold. And I'm pretty bad at bluffing.
>>
>>18226891
>For the socially retarded.

The only advisable course of action that minimises the distress caused by being socially isolated/retarded is to get a menial job that isn't too taxing, then start a collecting hobby that will occupy a decent amount of time. I myself have started a gaming collection of a certain system of which I am edging closer and closer to completion but probably never will, in the same way Achilles will never beat the tortoise. It's an ultimately fruitless endeavour even if you do complete it but it's really for speeding up the passage of time and to avoid thinking about your current situation. Also when you go about collecting occasionally you'll run into normies, usually fucking hipsters, who for some reason are impressed by your dedication and/or collection. Savour that crumb of acceptance but DON'T get addicted to it. Acknowledge their interest but don't give them much satisfaction.

If all goes well, you'll die a busy man. Not happy mind you, just someone who was too busy to acknowledge his depression.

A tip I learnt from Dr Steve Brule:
>Go to bed early you doofus. Cos when you're sleeping there's no lonely times, just dreams.

I guarantee no one here will give better advice than this.

THERE IS NO HELP HERE.
>>
>>18226891
Just make some e-friends on steam or something
>>
>>18226891
Bumping cos same position as OP except I have a dream of a driving a really expensive sports car off a very high cliff.

How can I achieve this dream with only £1K and no license?
>>
>>18232138
Like, to kill yourself? Steal it. I mean, right? Who cares?
>>
>>18232151
I kinda doubt there are high-end sports cars just lying around to be jacked.
>>
>>18232159
You obviously don't want this enough
>>
>>18232162
I was think more taking one for a test drive but how many showrooms are near a cliff?
>>
>>18232166

They won't let you test drive without sitting in the car with you. Most garages who sell sports cars will also want to see your licence before letting you drive one (and some even ask for a deposit).
>>
>>18232189
Bollocks.

Now what?
>>
When I was lonely I joined a mountaineering club so I could have people to go on short outdoor holidays with. I also did some volunteering for a local charity to keep busy. Have you tried any new hobbies lately?
>>
>>18226891
You need a "third space". Church, sports, arts, social justice ... it could be anything.

If nothing else, get a silent clock.
>>
>>18232166
Cars these days are pretty robust, you'll probably end up crippled and with a mountain ob debt for the rest of your life rather than offing yourself
>>
>>18232449
>Cars these days are pretty robust

What about a Ferrari Testarossa?
>>
>>18226891
Bump.
>>
>>18226891
Get a second part time job. I have always been able to make at least a few work friends at the job I'm at to spend some time with. Also save all the money you make at the second job so even if you don't make any friends at least you can go visit your family or buy a plane ticket for someone to visit you.
>>
>>18226891
Try Pokemon Go. It will get you out there and playing. It is also easy to meet people while doing so.
>>
>>18233743
Who even plays it anymore?

I knew should've started talking to that group of 20-something super geeks when it was popular.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.