[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ So I am an apprentice electrician and today I was working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: prolling.png (25KB, 544x280px) Image search: [Google]
prolling.png
25KB, 544x280px
Hi /adv/

So I am an apprentice electrician and today I was working some over time with a different crew in a different area. There were five of us all together, and everything was going fine. I was keeping pace (I certainly outpaced two of them, possibly three), and I didn't make any errors.

Towards the end of the day, we are in the basement, and I ask, "The ties are all done, should I start on the lights?" The lead guy responds, "There's three of you down here, just get it done." I ask, "Do you have a homerun stubbed for the lights?" He replies, "Just throw them up. Well, I get them all done and he comes down and says, "Who did these fucking lights?"

I come over to find out what my mistake was. Seems that he indeed had stubbed a home run out, and the "first" light I had piped was further towards the wall than his pipe.

"Your going to have to move all your lights to to be in line with my pipe."

"Why," I said, "I can just cut 3 feet off the home-run and put it where the junction box for the light goes. I can do it, it should take less than five minutes. That's why I asked earlier."

He said, "Well you'd think you'd know the last pipe out of the panel would be for the fucking lights."

About halfway through his sentence, I had turned my back and walked away to continue working.

Was I in the wrong? I've only been an electrician for 9 months. Basically all the foreman at my company try to get me to work for them on weekends, and my regular foreman is really happy with me. I feel like for 9 months you should expect a certain amount of silly mistakes. However, I did have a bit of an attitude with him after he implied I was stupid. I was so made I was shaking. I normally am not into fights, but I sort of hoped he would continue berating me so I could say something back and try to escalate.
>>
Many people join trades because theyre too fucking retarded to go to school. They can work drunk and smoke cigs and wear shit clothes and curse up a storm all day for a living and make great money. That doesnt mean all tradesmen are retards.

But yeah, sounds like you encountered a fcking retard.
>>
>>18226646
Stop overthinking this situation. Stop being insecure. This is a fairly normal work conflict that happens all the time . The guy doesnt know you, you dont know him. Misunderstandings happen. Be a little forgiving, accept and admit mistakes. And with new experience, hope you understand eachother better next time. Takes time to grow in your job, m8. Youll do fine
>>
>>18226738

I know any reasonable person would look at the situation and just say it was a misunderstanding. And any other other lead guy or foreman would have just laughed it off and let me fix it. The way he implied I was stupid really irritated. I'm no genius, but I'm not a moron either. I really wanted to fight him. I think it's because he is only 2 years older than me, I don't see him as an authority
>>
>>18226738

BTW your right tho. I'm overwhelming cause adrenaline.

Your also right, his crew is a bunch of retards. Seen one in the back of the van with a pill crusher before
>>
>>18226646
Some general advice

You will, from time to time, discover that you're smarter - or just have a better idea - than the people you work with. But you have to choose your occasions for letting them know this.

Were it a major thing, that would be dangerous his way or cost the client more, it would be worth fighting over. But in this case, with no real difference between the two options, it would be more politic to do it his way - and then modestly and without challenge, ask him to teach you for future reference why your idea was inferior.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.