[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to question my purpose. I'm not so sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I'm starting to question my purpose. I'm not so sure I want to finish my major.

Pot's legal in my state (colorado). I was wondering: how viable is it to work in the pot industry?
>>
Not at all really. If you want a quick and informative video on how it is actually a whole lot more shaky than you might think look up John Oliver's video on recreational marajuana. Personally I don't like alot of the stuff he does but that video was actually really informative.

But if you want a quick overview:

While state can't do anything, its still illegal in the federal level. So if the feds want, they can go in raw into your booty hole if they like.
>>
It isn't, you piece of shit. Get a real job.
>>
File: 2017-04-03_08.28.58.jpg (1MB, 1618x1433px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-03_08.28.58.jpg
1MB, 1618x1433px
>>18226434
Growing cannabis is more time consuming and education based then you think.

OP, I've been growing for 6 years, if you want a job doing it, it isnt what you know but who you know, so no, it's not viable. And it's like i said above it's harder then you may expect. I grow my own and i can't even get a job for any collective. If you want to grow and save money like i do then do it, just don't expect big paychecks and expect years of research on cannabis to better help your growing experience.
Some outdoor cookies and cream from exotic genetics.
>>
>>18226434
>Farming isn't a real job
Kekarino

Anyway, I'm sure OP didn't mean farming exclusively
>>
>>18226389
It's not for the average person.
>>
>>18226389
to work a retail position? feasible
to run a retail operation? requires connections, business knowledge, luck, massive overhead
to work as a farmhand? people have to know and trust you first
to grow independently? requires time, patience, years of research and trial and error, overhead, and a genuine love for growing
to grow for someone else? see all of the above minus overhead
it can be done, but it is not easy nor is it for the faint of heart. it requires the same commitment (or better) than higher education, in addition to a passion for the plant. most growers spend as many years as others do in college making little money and learning the trade.
>>
>>18226389
It's viable, but risky.

However, that risk carries potential great reward.

It's a new market, and everyone is trying to be 'first' in the market. It's the first, and early companies that later become the trusted brands. If you wait ten or twenty years to join the industry, you might find it's too late, and there are less opportunities at that point.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.