[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I need some help with some friends. You see, I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Fartington Bear.jpg (86KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
Fartington Bear.jpg
86KB, 570x427px
Hey /adv/ I need some help with some friends.

You see, I have these friends that I'm not really "close" to, but we see each other every day and talk about stuff and share stuff that we've found regarding our interests, and that parts fine. I love that part.

But these friends can also be really obnoxious sometimes. They do really immature things like scream profanities in public and have really aggresive opinions on just about every subject. One thing that they commonly do is ask one another for advice as a thinly veiled plea for someone to just reinforce their opinion on stuff. If you offer them real advice or a well thought out opinion, they just reject it and get physically upset.

I feel like I can't really connect with them at times because they're too focused on being "funny" and cracking jokes all the time. It's either that or they're constantly on a soap box about some specific topic that they've come up with out of the blue. They also do this annoying thing where they will start a discussion by making some ridiculous statement as if it were fact, and then just watch as others argue amongst themselves about the thing they just said. I guess they feel like they can't ever be held responsible for the shit that they say, and don't really care about the backlash when among friends.

My question is, what should I do with my friends? Should I even continue to visit them if I can't seem to fit in with this "banter"? Should I just look for more mature friends?
>>
>>18226067
Bampu.
>>
>>18226067
You're the only immature one here.
>>
Start to distance yourself from them if you feel like their friendship isn't giving you anything.

You don't have to go guns blazing and loudly proclaim "YOU ARENT MY FRIENDS ANYMORE"

Just get less and less involved with them. No need to burn any bridges.
>>
Perhaps start going to places you personally enjoy by yourself. Maybe you'll find like minded people to build friendships with.
>>
Find better friends.
>>
It's ultimately up to you. Also, it's not very fair to generalize your friends as the irrational ones- you need to remember that it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch. But otherwise, you're growing up, becoming more mature. When you realize you can't have a real conversation with someone is the moment you realize you weren't really friends with them at all. Sometimes, it takes you breaking that wall in order to become actual friends with them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.