[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pretty late to ask for /adv/ice, but here goes. I'm 23 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1425864812046.png (464KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
1425864812046.png
464KB, 500x685px
Pretty late to ask for /adv/ice, but here goes.
I'm 23 and with a 31 year old hot, smart female. Problem is, I'm just starting out in life, have nothing to my name, while the biological clock keeps ticking for her. Still possible to have multiple kids when she's 35+?
She's been married before, divorces when her ex became verbally abusive. She doesn't do drugs, alcohol, etc. All good on that front. Same with me.
Anyone have any similar experiences? Advice to give? I'm all ears.
>>
>>18224648
You're out of your league m8. There is a fucking reason she can't find a man her age or older to have kids with. Especially if she is smart, hot, and had a good job. Something is up here. Tread with extreme caution. Women are wicked smart, and this one has almost a decade of life experience, plus marriage and a divorce on you. You are punching way above your weight.
>>
File: 1432072868688.jpg (58KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1432072868688.jpg
58KB, 500x667px
>>18224657
It's definitely crossed my mind.
If something is up. what should I be paying attention to?
>>
>>18224682
Don't listen to that other guy. Shitty manipulation has no age limit, she's no more or less likely to be hiding something or tricking you than any other woman, and thinking of the relationship in those terms will doom it to failure.

Look, if you're happy together, what's the problem? Are you sure you're not just trying to poke holes in a perfectly good relationship for... reasons?
>>
Still possible, yes. But she should consider freezing her eggs asap if she intends on having more children later. Your future healthy children will thank you.
>>
>>18224716
Thanks for the reply, anon. The problem is having kids when she's getting older, and the higher risks for a variety of diseases/defects in babies.
>>
>>18224727
Freezing eggs could be a solution, but it seems like a new tech that we'd need to do a lot of research on. Don't know if there's much research on risks for children or if it's all good.
>>
>>18224727
>>18224742
Question: how do they guarantee that the eggs that they freeze are quality eggs? A woman's body knows which they are, and so can release the good ones first, but how do they know when they're taking them out to freeze? It doesn't seem to me like freezing eggs could guarantee a healthy baby at all, especially if you're already in your 30s when you have it done.
>>
Why not just knock her up right now? I would kill for a female who wants to start family life with me. So many hoes today, that aren't worth shit. She definitely wants a babby at that age btw.
>>
>>18224732
This is true. And if kids are that important than a middle-aged woman probably isn't your best place to start. But that's a life decision you'll have to make for yourself. What's more important, this relationship, or more easily having children in the future? It's also worth noting, older women have perfectly healthy babies all the time. Young couples wind up with stillborn genetic duds. Yes, age is a factor, but definitely not the end all be all of whether a child will be born healthy.
>>
lol the chances of having a downy kid even well after 40 is like <.1% people overreact to this shit i swear
>>
>>18224752
>A woman's body knows which they are, and so can release the good ones first

No. That's wrong. Every ova a woman will ever pass through her fallopian tubes is with her at birth. That's why as she ages, the likelihood of unwanted genetic variability goes up. It's not "this egg vs. that egg", it's "take several eggs while she's still young enough for the likelihood of complication to be low before the eggs get any older".
>>
>>18224754
Stupid Ideas: the post.
>>
File: 1861-620x.jpg (115KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1861-620x.jpg
115KB, 620x620px
>>18224754
OP here
Just finished uni and I'm only getting started in life. Debt free due to the jobs I took during my studies, but I don't have a job right now. I want to be financially stable first, before having a baby. Will be better for all involved.

>>18224764
>>18224765
Sorry anons, but there is a much higher risk later on. Fertility in women starts to decrease at 32 years and becomes more rapid after age 37 years (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists).
So it's an issue of soon, or face the risks. Are the risks really less than 0.1%? I find that doubtful, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>18224788

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/down-syndrome/basics/risk-factors/con-20020948

fucking google is your friend
>>
>>18224788
>Sorry anons, but there is a much higher risk later on.
Yes, it goes from "very low" to "moderately higher" as age goes up. Nobody will argue that. But a chance is still only a chance. And the statistics aren't as high as you're making them out to be. Not .1% (regardless of Down's or not), but still not even 50/50 till well into old age. And again, if you talk it out and she has some eggs frozen, this mitigates all the issues with her getting older because, you know, frozen.
>>
>>18224822
From what I've read, out of 1.5 million eggs frozen and later re-planted in-vitro, 1.2 million failed. It's the issue of few eggs, chance of failure during the freezing process, and then another chance of failure during the natural course of events.
All it feels like is me deciding on whether to raise a child in my early 20s, whereas it's late for her and the biological clock is ticking.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.