[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop being an attention whore? When I was single,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 125099315.jpg (163KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
125099315.jpg
163KB, 1024x665px
How can I stop being an attention whore?

When I was single, I used to go on kik a lot and talk with guys. I liked the validation and I did it a ton.

In the early stages of my relationship I deleted the app and stopped talking to any other non-friend males. 8mos in, I install the app every couple.of months, spend a day attention whoring and then I feel guilty and delete it.

How can I stop being such an attention whore. I get enough attention and love in my relationship and I want to be so loyal. I feel awful everytime I do it and I really would love to stop.
>>
Post tits and we'll tell you how
>>
>>18224621
:'(
>>
>>18224618
Just don't you asshole. Find another way to fill you time, with a hobby.
Girls like you make me sick.
>>
>>18224618
>>18224618
Ask your dad to come back into your life and love the little girl inside of you to the best of his ability.
>>
>>18224638
I'm honestly sick with myself. And I have plenty of hobbies I'm just awful.
>>
>>18224641
Not going to happen. He is not a good person.
>>
>>18224649
Found the issue. You're instinctively missing the love your father was supposed to give you, and are constantly seeking it.
>>
>>18224649
Well, I'm sorry, really. But this is just something that you will have to fight for the rest of your life most likely. Will power alone will have to see you through this.

Btw, if you don't have a good dad, Jordan Peterson lectures are a close second.
>>
>>18224655
>>18224659

I know this isn't a feels thread but I'm legitimately tearing up. Thanks guys for the advice. I guess sometimes you just don't want to admit a deficiency in yourself.
>>
>>18224663
No problem, add me on kik? I've been through very similar.
>>
>>18224672
I currently have it deleted. But yes. Comment your username.
>>
>>18224618
Learn how to be able to get the validation and attention from your significant other. Only you have the power to resist speaking with other men while in a relationship, and if you can't do that, don't be in a monotonous committed relationship.
>>
>>18224618
>I get enough attention and love in my relationship
Then why do you continue to insist on going to outside sources for that sort of emotional validation? What is it you get from the internet strangers demanding tits that you don't get from your boyfriend?
>>
>>18224674
I kinda justify it by viewing that I'm fully committed and monogamous 99% of the time. But by definition monogamy is all the time. I get validation and attention constantly from my boyfriend, but it's kinda insatiable for me.
>>
>>18224683
Literally nothing. I miss the disposibility of randos. And I also miss flirting. I don't know is this is related, but my boyfriend is my only ever committed relationship and we were serious very quickly. We were never "friends".
>>
>>18224687
>I miss the disposibility of randos.
True, that's not really a feeling you can get from a monogamous relationship, but ask yourself: what's the point of garnering all this attention if the end goal is to just throw it away? It's nice now, but it's like a drug. Here and gone and just leaving you wanting more.

>I miss flirting
Now this is something you can work on. Talk to your boyfriend. If he's not much of a flirt in day to day conversation, ask him if he'd be willing to try to flirt a little more. Be flirty with him for no reason if you don't. Pretend he's one of your randos and just mistreat him a little. But if you go that route you'll probably want his full consent for what you're doing, but think about it: you could get him on board to pretend to be some sort of rando anonymous creeper and you can play camwhore together. Maybe translate it into slightly freaky sex. You just need to take your desires, that stuff you get from the randos and not from your boyfriend, and try to roll it into your happy monogamous relationship.
>>
>>18224687
Does your boyfriend know about this? Do you feel lonely around him?

I have a friend who goes on Tinder every now and then simply for the swipes or posts pics on social media hoping that the next one will get more likes than the last. Validation from strangers literally drives her but she is terrified of men
>>
>>18224707
>The point of garnering attention

Because it feels good. My backwards logic is that boyfriend attention + Rando attention is good + good, even though I feel like shit and feel guilty constantly.

> Flirting/camwhore rp

This is actually very good advice. He is not down for anything that even pretends to be non concentual. So that may be a bridge to cross.

>>18224708
He doesn't know. I have told him about the 1 time I creeped his phone. I cried and apologized for invading his privacy and he forgave me right away.

I am kinda scared of men. I have 0 positive platonic male relationships in my life so go figure.
>>
Why do girls have such bad impulse control? Fuck, it's not that hard. Fuck pussy worshipping culture.
>>
>>18224718
>Because it feels good
Lots of things feel good. Heroin feels good. Doesn't mean you should do heroin. Tends to have negative outcomes. Just like secretly camwhoring in your monogamous relationship, you dig?

>not down for anything that even pretends to be non concentual

That's fine. Most camwhore stuff is consensual. But I mean, you get a blindfold on and ask him to act like a stranger and suddenly you're fucking a rando you don't know and you feel that outside validation without actually going outside the relationship. It's a thought.

Or maybe if you explained to him what you do and why you do it... it's rare, but some guys don't care if their girl camwhores as long as it ends once the show is over. Some guys get off on that, bunch of random losers fawning and jerking to a girl they can never have that he does have.
>>
>>18224718
Sounds like you two have a good thing going on, at least enough that you both care about each and can talk to each other so props for that

It does sound like you have constant guilt over this. What is it that makes you keep going back on? The distant chance of new romance, someone complimenting you based on first impressions, create a new identity, feel special in the eyes of someone new?

Have you and your bf make new friends together like with Meetups. It's a good distraction and meeting new people over common hobbies. The social aspect might help you get out of your own head for a bit
>>
>>18224722
This though. Attention like that must be addicting from men when it's instant gratification
>>
>>18224718
Do you have any female friends that do the same or at least someone else to talk to in person about stuff like this?
>>
>>18224740
Yeah being a whore is definitely negatively affecting our relationship. I am less trusting of him because I know how awful people can be (me).

> Camwhore rp

I don't actually want to fuck a rando (boyfriend was my first and only) I just like the distanced validation from older men. And I'm not an actual camwhore. And I know he would care because he thinks that my sexuality is special. And he takes pride in the fact that it is only reserved for him.

>>18224743
We have an almost perfect relationship and we both are madly and deeply in love with eachother. I'm just awful.

> What makes you keep going back

I love the compliments and I like the idea of seeing what could be. I am relatively young in a very serious relationship and I feel like I haven't explored all the world has to give me yet.

>Meetups
I am friends with all his buddies and I play d&d with them weekly but I don't look at them as "males" really.

>>18224749
Pretty much. I wish I had more self control.
>>
>>18224755
Not really. My best friend is my older sister and she is religious, abstinent and a little judgey. My close female friends are all waiting for marriage for sex.
>>
>>18224757
>And I know he would care because he thinks that my sexuality is special. And he takes pride in the fact that it is only reserved for him.

It's not about *wanting* to fuck a rando, I'm just saying if the validation you get could be dressed up within your relationship to be physical, maybe you wouldn't need that lighter verbal or text validation.

But it does sound like your boyfriend would have an issue with your behavior. Like, if he ever found out, he'd probably break up with you, right? Habits are hard to break. ESPECIALLY when you get emotional or sexual validation from them. You just have to be strong enough to stop. Strong enough to respect your relationship and your boyfriend and reserve your sexuality for him like he wants. And if that's REALLY not enough for you, maybe you need to ask yourself whether you can really be in a relationship like the one he wants.
>>
>>18224757
Are you actually wanting to be in a relationship? What makes you stay? I'm just wondering whether you're tempted to seek other people and see what else is out there. You can't really explore in a committed, monogamous relationship with secrets involved
>>
>>18224778
We are close to getting engaged so he wouldn't break up with me but he would demand serious change. I respect him so much and you're right. I need to buck up and stop being a whore. He is worth even not having a phone.

Thanks anon for telling it to me straight. I'm gonna sleep now.
>>
>>18224786
Sleep tight and godspeed anon. Go enjoy your boyfriend, plenty enough people here don't even have that much. And if you fall off the wagon, get help. DON'T GIVE UP!
>>
>>18224786
Lots of luck! Like any bad habit it takes time and mental strength.
>>
>>18224785
I love being with him. He has offered to have a threesome with me if I'm really wanting to explore but I really only see him sexually. I just kinda like to play with other people. It's fucked I know. Gonna sleep and stop whoring.

>>18224789
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Would therapy be too extreme? I have the funds and time for it. And he is worth anything.
>>
>>18224795
>Would therapy be too extreme?
Not at all, especially if you're serious about making it work. NOBODY here is a licensed anything, and if they say otherwise they're probably lying. At the very least, don't you imagine it'd be easier to avoid whoring around if you had a supportive space to discuss your problems in with a therapist?
>>
>>18224786
Fuck you
>>
>>18224801
Yeah. I was in extensive therapy from 13-18 but I wasn't ready to deal with the problems with my dad. Now is maybe the time.
>>
>>18224795
Hope you get through this, anon

Is coming on to /adv/ similar to kik for you? Just curious
>>
>>18224806
Definitely want to work out these sorts of issues before you marry the man you want to stay with for the rest of your life. Probably a good idea.
>>
>>18224813
No. That's why I like 4chan. Nobody cares about how I look. It's not like that at all.

>>18224814
Will do. Thanks a bunch.
>>
Also any anons reading this. I'm not your girlfriend. My boyfriend never goes on 4chan.
>>
>>18224823

As far as you know.

That just goes about as far as him thinking you were faithful to him.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.