[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a couple free months and I want to learn whatever amount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 7r6h45g.jpg (18KB, 547x397px) Image search: [Google]
7r6h45g.jpg
18KB, 547x397px
I have a couple free months and I want to learn whatever amount of Python I can. (I'm a biologist, and everyone uses Python. I have no idea why.)

I have zero programming experience.

Any recommendations for how to do that?

I see plenty of resources online of course, but I'd like to hear your specific advice.
>>
>I see plenty of resources online, but I should ask some people online
I know this is going to come as a complete shock to you, but the consensus is to use those resources. If you STILL need more spoonfeeding, then your answer is to just use learnpython.org
>>
>>18224227
the best advice I can offer is to practice, practice, practice.

type your code, write it on paper, understand it.

if you learn from videos it isn't enough which I'm sure you understand as a biologist. the information only gets you so far without putting the stuff to practice.
>>
best way to learn a programming is to think of a fun, interesting project you want to do and apply what ypu've learned to accomplishing it. What's nice is that you will learn a lot when encountering a snag or particularly difficult programming task. Worked for me at least.
>>
>>18224227
insert a live snake into your rectum and wait patiently for enlightenment to come (it will)
>>
>>18224245

Because there are like ten thousand resources and I want recommendations on which are good, retard.

>>18224250
>>18224254
>the information only gets you so far without putting the stuff to practice.

Right. I agree completely. But I feel like designing a project myself is a bit beyond my current capabilities.

Any recommendation for practice problems/projects I can tackle?

>>18224257

I inserted two just to be sure.
>>
>>18224280
>I STILL NEED TO BE SPOONFED
Christ on a cracker. You're never going to learn anything if you can't just get off your ass and start on something.
>>
>>18224301

I do have ideas for what I could do. I'm hoping people who are more knowledgeable than me will have betters ideas.

Also, Fuck you.
>>
>>18224227
Hello anon. I'm not sure if you have ever heard of Humble Bundle. But they currently have a python bundle that's cheap and has a shit ton of resources for learning python.
>>
Give Coursera a try: https://www.coursera.org/courses?_facet_changed_=true&languages=en%2Cpt&query=python
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.