[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, not sure if anyone can help here but here's my problem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sneakin2322.jpg (121KB, 1080x814px) Image search: [Google]
sneakin2322.jpg
121KB, 1080x814px
Yo, not sure if anyone can help here but here's my problem.

I've been extremely unmotivated as far as school. Reason why is I am finally in my first real programming class besides Web Devlop(which i was good at and enjoyed) and fucking suck at it(Java).

It's really demotivated me; because it seems like no matter how much i read my text book; get help from my instructors, as soon as i'm there looking at the screen I can't come up with a solution to the assignment without asking a tutor and basically have them do it for me.

Still have 2 years to go in my major too(Which is Comp Sci); my question is what would you guys do in my situation? Tough it out? Keep asking and getting help? Studying 24/7? It'd be easier if someone could give me a frame but literally everyone is like "it's different for everyone" which doesnt help at all.

Idk man; just lost and depressed. Help?
>>
Keep working at it

I was always very defeatist and lose motivation to do things when they get hard. You will get there, just like you got through web development and other hardships in life. Give yourself at least 30 days of hard trying work and then reflect to see if it's still something you want to do.
If you give up now then that will carry on into other aspects of your life
>>
Maybe stop getting spoonfed by tutors and learn to have your brain problem solve on its own
>>
>>18224048
It's just difficult to solve problems you're not even sure how to solve, you know? My instructor explains the concepts well; but implementing them not so much..which I guess is on us? Not sure

He's been really chill about assignments and other things so i know im not the only one struggling

>>18224038
Thanks man, it's pretty much the last month for the semester; finals are in may; but you're right. I shouldn't give up, and won't. Just wanted some advice more than anything. Thank you.
>>
>>18224011
You're fucked. We get these threads 5+++ times a day, and they always end inconclusively. Nobody here or anywhere knows how to just 'switch on' motivation arbitrarily.

It all comes down to gritting your teeth and doing shit you just don't want to do. You will have to do that every single day until you graduate. It then becomes way easier when you have a job and your actions have immediate and painful consequences. If you can't do that, or do it a couple times a week to just make it through your classes barely, then the time is ripe for you to drop out.
>>
>>18224086
I appreciate you being real man; I think that woke me up. I've been being a bitch and expected shit to be easy
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.