[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to wire my house with ethernet by pushing network

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 0525418_L.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0525418_L.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Is it possible to wire my house with ethernet by pushing network cables alongside existing electrical wiring in walls? I already tried to extend coverage with powerline, but speed sucks..
>>
To what kind of professional should I ask for this? Maybe an electrician?
>>
Sounds like a fuckton of work. Just run that shit through the hallways on the floor to where you want it. Its what I did.
>>
>>18223928
It's possible, just unlikely. Often times the holes drilled for existing wiring or conduit for existing wiring is just large enough for that wiring alone and you won't have space for cat cable.
>>
it's 2017, use wifi you weird fuck
>>
>>18223928
Just use ethernet over power line

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/everything-you-need-to-know-about-powerline-networking/
>>
>>18223928
look up wire pull rods, there are also magnetic systems where you attach the cable to something metal and drop it in the wall while you guide it from the outside with a powerful magnet until you reach your hole.
>>
>>18223928

what most people woudl do is get a hella big wire and just stape it down alongside the walls and the floorboards.
>>
>>18224079
Why does no one have reading comprehension on adv?

He said in the 2nd out of *2* sentences that he already tried that.
>>
>>18224206
I don't believe you
>>
>>18224251
Are you yankin' my chain?
>>
There's a reason telecom cables aren't routed like that op. The cables will suffer major interference from the electrical network.
>>
Can u drill a hole in the floor and run it under the house thats pretty easy.try and run the cable with the tv aerial.
Also if its across the room. Lift the carpet and go underneath.
And cables are still faster than wifi and most routers priorituse the cable over wifi if you dont like sharing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.