[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have sort of a long post but bear with me. So, today I decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: imageStateStreet.jpg (65KB, 570x210px) Image search: [Google]
imageStateStreet.jpg
65KB, 570x210px
I have sort of a long post but bear with me.

So, today I decided to quit my job that pays fairly well but which I'm disinterested in (>60k a year) to move closer to my family/girlfriend (currently about ~12 hour drive away) and hopefully get a job in something I'm more interested in. As I said, I have no job lined up - but I think I should be able to get a job by August at the latest. My boss at my current job has given me the weekend to think it over and won't officially begin the quitting process until Monday.

Throughout this process, my family/girlfriend weighed in and told me they thought that quitting was the right idea. Logically, I also think it makes the most sense to leave a job I'm not interested in to try to find a job that interests me more. However, since putting in my 2 weeks notice earlier today, I haven't really felt happiness or contentment and instead have been feeling a sort of fear and regret. It's not that I like this job or feel attached to it in anyway, but I still have a bad feeling about this decision.

I've told my family/girlfriend that I quit today and am planning on moving back and they're all pretty excited. However, I'm beginning to think that I should go in on Monday and say that I've changed my mind - that I'm deciding to stay. I don't want to upset my girlfriend/family but this instinctual feeling that I've made a bad decision is pretty strong.

Any thoughts on what I should do?
>>
>>18223821
You can't move your gf up with you?
>>
>>18223821
Fear of the unknown, mate. What you should do is put in some proper research into jobs where your family and girlfriend are at, send out your resumes, etc. etc. I'd say you should have done this before handing in your notice, as it's risky otherwise...but to each their own.

Ultimately, though, you can't go running up the expectations of your family and girlfriend only to disappoint them if you've been running with that idea for months. You do want a change, apparently; just be willing to take that step.
>>
>>18223854

She's in grad school back home.

>>18223868

Yeah, ideally I'd leave with a job but I think my chances of getting one are higher when I can focus completely on the job search.
>>
>>18223821
fuck dude why did you give up such good money without having anything lined up? your girlfriend should have transferred to a school near you or just waited and moved to your area.
>>
>>18224433

They don't have her program at the school near me. Besides, my family all lives there too. I am definitely going to end up sacrificing some money, but I hope it's not too much.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.