[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, friends. I'm in a bit of a rough spot, relationship-wise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1492053287637.jpg (45KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492053287637.jpg
45KB, 600x480px
Hey, friends. I'm in a bit of a rough spot, relationship-wise.
So I'm mildly autistic, which you'd need to spend a significant amount of time with me to notice but nevertheless has resulted in my utter failure to ever get a successful date. So a while back, I found a girl in one of my special ed classes, befriended her, and eventually asked her out. She's not particularly attractive, and has some serious personality flaws. I think I honestly only asked her out because I believed I'd never get anyone else. It's a year and a half later and this year, she's stopped taking special ed classes. It really shows. She's lost touch with the concept of unexpected behavior, and it's gotten to the point I'm uneasy about being in public with her. But I can't break up with her. She's extremely depressive, and is taking the full IB diploma resulting in a shitload of stress, and I'm confident that she would commit suicide if I broke up with her the wrong way. It doesn't help that her (alcoholic) father has just died. I've also been assimilated into her group of friends, who are somewhat protective of her. They're my only friends right now, and a large part of why my autism status has decreased from 'somewhat' to 'mildly'. Most of them would become extremely pissed were I to break up with her. First year of college is coming up, and though she's definitely going out of state for her college when she gets there (she's a year younger), she's made it clear she intends to pursue a long-distance relationship. I feel incredibly trapped. To compound issues, my closest friend, who I've known for a while, has just admitted she's always had feelings for me, and I can't even try because my girlfriend notices and knows _everything_. I can't get out, and need to get out, of an empty husk of a relationship. And I've come to terms with the fact that it exists because of my own selfish needs and willingness to exploit, not because I ever actually liked her.

What do?
>>
Sorry if this is not fully coherent. I already typed this once, and then lost it all because I forgot to include an image.
>>
>>18223408
> can't get a girl
Fucking betafag.
>>
>>18223434
could you not
>>
>>18223408
You're in a hole that you yourself have dug. There ain't nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>18223473
I guess that's one way of looking at it. But I really just need a way out.
>>
>>18223408
Oh boy, sounds tough. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in this sort of stuff but if I were in this particular situation I would keep the relationship until she moves out for study, however prior to that I would sit her down and explain to her(in the nicest way possible) that a long distance relationship just won't work for us and that perhaps what we had has run it's course.

I would also tell her that her studies and her growing up as a person is more important and that I support her 100% even if it means the end of a relationship. Tell her I cherished the time spent with her, wish her luck and farewell.

BUT that's just me. I'm not familiar with this sort of situation but I can tell you from the start that breaking up with her NOW is a bad idea, particularly with all the stuff that's going on in both of your lives ATM. Give it a while, at the very least.

Again, not an expert and this may not be the best of advices so maybe hear other people out before deciding to do anything.
>>
>>18223514
Thanks. Wish there was an other people to hear out.
>>
Her actions and feelings are NOT your responsibility. You should NOT feel that your own needs and wants are somehow inferior or less important than anyone elses. Yar har fiddle de dee do what you want a pirate is free.
>>
>>18223598
Dude, I don't want to be responsible for someone else's death. And I said that I'd almost definitely lose a large circle of friends.
>>
>>18223408
dump the retard and get with the girl that wants you. and dump the tard thru text and ghost her as best as you can. like pretend you never even knew her.
>>
>>18223654
Yeah... not possible. A lot of people know, including everyone in the group.
>>
>>18223485
I'll tell you, there's no way out of this that wont hurt her feelings. As the other anon said, you dug yourself into a hole OP.
>>
>>18223408
Does watermelon and rubber bands mean anything to you, anon?
>>
>>18223713
yes.
who the fuck is this
>>
>>18223718
Anonymous member of the aforementioned group here (small world, huh?).
We were surprised when she said she had found a boyfriend, and figured something like this would happen within the first month. We've noticed what you were talking about too, and when it's time, it's time. She'll have M.C. and E.D. to fall back on for emotional support, and I can get S.S. to talk to her if you go ahead with this.
>>
>>18223742
oh my god thank you
>>
>>18223742
I just want to say how lucky that girl is to have people to be there for her. You guys are very good people.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.