[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it actually get any better than the NEET lifestyle? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1410784083268.jpg (545KB, 1000x793px) Image search: [Google]
1410784083268.jpg
545KB, 1000x793px
Does it actually get any better than the NEET lifestyle? It seems like I already have the bare necessities (aka a good PC with internet access and the will to pirate).

Technically I'm not a NEET, but I'm living like one for a week since I'm on spring break (HS senior). And this is not to say that I would aspire to be a NEET, but only because I don't want to be an economic leech and I want stability.
>>
>>18222784

As someone who has been a NEET for the past two weeks, and has taken extended gaps between jobs before, it can wear on you quickly. Right now it's alright, but I'm also sober and on a diet, which means I'm basically doing nothing but vidya, TV, comics, and sleeping, maybe sitting by the pool.

I'm slowly going crazy because I can't do anything with friends, and even if I weren't restricting myself to these things, I'd have to be saving money to make sure I can still live and eat and shit.

Being a NEET is overrated.
>>
Being neet sucks. I've been neet for years now, and I'm just becoming more and more withdrawn from society. Depression and anxiety have only gotten worse. I got on disability 5 or 6 years ago for psychiatric issues that I didn't actually have, and now I have all kinds of issues that I never had before. Sometimes it's fun when things are good, you wake up and do what you want when you want, but it's not worth the tradeoff. Unless maybe you have a social circle... which I don't. Don't be a neet without friends.
>>
>>18222804
This

I'm showing early signs of schizo after years of neet reclusion
Not worth
>>
I'm a wagey now but a neet by nature and working is a torturous hell I wish to escape

fuck working, I want universal basic income so I can be completely useless
>>
I was a NEET for more than five years, it's terrible, monotonous, unfulfilling, lonely, depressing, boring. You don't have money to do things, you don't have a place to get away from your family - after all you're stuck in their house and broke - you don't have friends to go out with because your social circle is nonexistant due to being broke and not being able to meet people through school/work, you don't have any reason to get up in the day and go do anything because no one is counting on you. You don't have a sense of purpose or anything to achieve. You can't buy anything for yourself or do anything, stress of worrying about your future is immense. You spend so much time playing video games out of a desperate sense of trying to escape your shitty horrible real life and after a while you will get sick of those games, but you'll keep playing just so that you can try to fill the massive void in your life.

I have a job now, my mental health is tremendously improved and even on days where I don't want to be at work I still feel better for having gone. I can have some trouble taking care of everything else in my life and balancing that with the time I spend working, but I'd still choose this over NEETdom any day. You aren't "living like a NEET", you're on vacation. The time you spend doing things is allowing you to enjoy the time you spend not.
>>
>>18222809
I wish the same, considering all of our jobs are going to be automated soon, so what the fuck would be the point of doing hard labour when the robots are doing it for us? Not 'robots', but actual robots.

If this shit happens by like, 2025 or 2050, we might as well live the NEET life, except living to socialize. That sounds stupid, but if you're a friendless NEET, you will be driven insane.

t. former NEET, forced into dishwashing so I could eat and have a home. Someone please kill me quickly.
>>
>but only because I don't want to be an economic leech and I want stability.

Then don't become a NEET.

-7 years experience of being a NEET. The biggest waste of time and potential possible.
>>
>>18222820
That's horrifyingly accurate.
Money makes the world, specifically ours, go 'round. Money may not 'buy happiness' alone, but it expands your universe greatly, and if you have enough leftover, put it into interests to meet people. THEN it pays out in happiness.

Even if you're introvert, you have the chance to discover something new and cool by yourself. Making experiences with money that no one else could,
>>
Being a NEET is the worst possible thing in the world if you have any sort of hope, ambition, dream, desire, or positive human emotion at all that isn't just "FEED MEH".

As none of you do, being a hikki is perfect for you. Honestly, you're just pet parrots that shit in the toilet.
>>
>>18222827
why do u think u have potential? serious question
>>
>>18222794
>>18222804
>>18222808
>>18222809
>>18222820
>>18222822
>>18222827
toot toot, ALL ABOARD
>>
File: IMG_2772.jpg (182KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2772.jpg
182KB, 750x750px
>>18222837
>
>>
>>18222837
How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So take a look at me now
Well there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Ooh, take a look at me now
Well there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against the odds
And that's what I've got to face
>>
So what do you do to get out of this debilitating neetdom? Ppl ITT I'm sure know it's a lot easier said than done. You can't just go get a job... I mean you can... but the last time I did, I couldn't sleep because of the ridiculous amount of anxiety. No sleep for a week, called in, got fired. So what the fuck are we supposed to do? Go to therapy? Professional help? I'm losing my mind.
>>
No, it's fucking terrible.

I let myself fall into and now I've been isolated for so long I can't get out because everything terrifies me and I have nobody to help me.
>>
>>18222804
man I wasn't even able to get on disability. They kept denying me even though I was unable to leave the house for years, thankfully my mother found a doctor that could visit the house and diagnose me and my mom financially supported me the whole time otherwise I would have been fucked.

sometimes the system blows ass for helping people who actually need it.
>>
NEET for 8 months now.

No, it's not good. You are enjoying it now because you see it as you got free time and you want to make the most of it. But you know that in a week, you got things to do. That way, you cherish it.

Being NEET means you got free time, every day, unlimited days – which means you do nothing. You do not have a purpose when you wake up in the morning except trying to get out of your situation (and only if you're lucky enough to be motivated that day to do so). You do not have money, you're stuck with your family, your friends slowly get rid of you because you can't do things with them that cost money, and if you'd like to hang, you can only do so on weekends since they got their work and will most likely be too tired to hang in the evening/need to get up early in the morning.

You are the only one motivating you, your teachers won't grade your performances for climbing out of bed and applying for a job that 9/10 times will tell you "Thank you for your interest for x position. Unfortunately we've moved on to other applicants, but feel free to apply again next time we have an opening." On the rare chance you get an interview, you'll get a call back saying "We unfortunately went with another candidate." You can politely ask why but the answer will always be: "X more years experience than you." You don't think this is bad, but experience it for 8 months straight, at least 3 times a week, every week. Soon enough you do not have any happiness left and it gets increasingly harder to fake it during an interview, yet you constantly know that with one single job, only one, you could be back to your happy state.

Being a NEET is a hole that only digs itself deeper.
>>
>>18222784
Being a Neet is the greatest experience of your life, but it can't last forever and you are fucked when the dream ends
>>
I was a NEET for years after I dropped out of school and lived with mommy

Those years were truly bliss.

If I was making money, and not having to leave the house to make that money, I'd be NEET all over again.
>>
>>18222877
>but the last time I did, I couldn't sleep because of the ridiculous amount of anxiety
I had anxiety through the roof too. When I first left NEETdom, expected everything I did would be the end of the world. I got hired very short notice because the place I was applying was understaffed due to a bunch of people quitting all at once. They were taking people on board and asking for resumes afterwards. I was anxious constantly about getting my resume tailored to them and written well enough quickly for them, about getting references, about showing how to be a good employee, about being a team player (I wasn't a good one at all at first since I'd lived in isolation for so long), about going above and beyond, about meeting people there to befriend, and a thousand other things.

Every single thing I thought would lead me back to NEETdom. I was having regular panic attacks. Honestly, it's not easy at first but you really do have to work through that. Therapy might make it easier, building up social skills or exercising or finding something to feel good about yourself leading up to it might make it easier, but at the end of the day it's still going to be the single most stressful thing in your world for a while.

Everything's scary at first, it only gets less so by doing it. And since you've probably spent so long as a NEET, the first step is enormous and scary and there's just not a very easy way to break it down. Maybe volunteering could help you build confidence and a sense of purpose/people relying on you leading up to getting a real job but no matter what you do, the first step is always going to be the worst.
>>
The first months feels good because you finally feel like you can relax and breathe, but after that it goes downhill. You feel like you have no purpose, insecurities steps in, you loose sight of your dreams no matter how vivid and clear they were just a few days/weeks ago. Even if you were 100% certain that you were passionate about X and wants to work with it, you're no longer sure about it. Soon enough you're so desperate that you'll do anything to get out of it, but by then you also have depression and is trying to stay afloat from the negative thoughts constantly pulling you under.
>>
Being NEET is not living, it's existing. You exist, that's all you do.
>>
I was a NEET for 5 years. If you think you aren't mentally sound now, just wait and see what years of never leaving the house, no friends, and copious amounts of time spent on the computer will do to you.
>>
>>18222955
>If you think you aren't mentally sound now, just wait and see what years of never leaving the house, no friends, and copious amounts of time spent on the computer will do to you.
Well, that's basically me aside from going to school. I seem pretty content, although I do wonder what going to sleep while cuddling with a girl I love after sex is like.
>>
>>18222833
Not that person, but virtually everyone has potential to do something great regardless of their circumstances. This could be anything as big as curing a disease or anything as small as brightening the lives of others. It's all important. Never sell yourself or anyone else short.
>>
>>18222784

it gets old fast. the reason it feels good now is because youi are on actual vacation.

lets say you go to get a massage. feels good right? well if you get that massage for too long, it starts to not feel good. go on for even longer and it will begin to hurt.

life is all about balance, if you do nothing but pleasure and relaxation, it stops feeling so good.
>>
>>18222784
I lived a pseudo- NEET lifestyle for most of the last decade. It's great for keeping a low financial profile, but the expense to your development is huge. The easiest day to day problem to notice is a loss in your patience for undesirable change. Becoming a NEET means having a tiny public lifestyle, or nonexistent. You test your brain and state of mind in small ways when you're out in public, from your ability to pay due attention, to your ability to remain at peace with the adjustments you have to make, to making a choice of how to adjust your course.
Of course, you don't need to be Alexander the Great of the Modern world, you just have to be a D+ student. But as you get older, you will want to develop some important professional skills to be worth paying good money for your time, and the social skills to command the right person's attention to line you up with work. I've seen plenty of people with desirable work skills end up on the street because they don't know how to network or promote themselves, as well as a few who do know how, but still end up frequently unemployed because they're obnoxious people, or outright toxic.
Then there's me. Nearly 30, never been paid more than 20% more than minimum wage, because I chose the NEET lifestyle so I could save for college and care for my elderly father, because the rest of the family was either too successful or too much of a fuck- up for them to be told they should postpone their life to help dad. Ultimately, he ended up so disappointed in my life that he robbed me of over 6 years of life savings and more than half that again in credit a month before dying, so the fuck- up sibling could live comfortably. Nobody (And by that I mean everybody) told him you can't make a lifestyle of more than twice your income solvent, even if you rob your family to do it.
>>
>>18223284
There is also a very real stigma to it too. My family flip flops on whether or not I'm worth a Damn. Socially, the people who value me are usually only the ones who share a workload with me, or whom I have taught something. The exceptions tend to be people who benefit from me less directly, but place a vested interest in knowing who is making sure things function in an orderly fashion.
Other than that, what I tend to get is whatever a person's base level of respect is, or deliberate disrespect.
>>
>>18222784
NEETs are disgusting faggots who only pretend to love the lifestyle

None of them are cute girls
>>
I have been a NEET for nearly two years. Well, technically I'm not a NEET right now since I'm taking some online classes currently. But I spend very little time on them, and no social interaction comes from it.

Let me tell you, it's cool for a few months, but after that it will start to drive you nuts real fast. My social anxiety has become exponentially worse, I'm pissed off all the time (to the point of punching myself in the face regularly), and I'm severely depressed.

What put me in this situation was developing some chronic health issues. That led to me quitting my part time job, dropping out of uni, and losing the few social relationships I had. I thought my life wasn't that great before, but it was heaven compared to this lifestyle.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.