[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I shake the feeling that I've done everything I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1465051487912.png (264KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1465051487912.png
264KB, 540x429px
How do I shake the feeling that I've done everything I'm ever going to want to do in my life already, and that the best days of it have passed me by?

I'm in my early 30s and I've lived a great life. Been to neat places, made lots of friends, climbed the corporate ladder for a bit, slept with some awesomely attractive girls, been in some relationships, own a reasonably nice house in a nice area with a nice car.

But that's it. I can't think of anything else. My friends have hit that dreaded "30s wall," where they don't want to do anything anymore, I'm uninspired by my career and have no real desire to move up, I haven't met any girl I give the slightest two shits about and don't even know where I'd look anymore, and I don't want kids.

Life is horribly depressing and I'm just shot. Like, what now? The only thing that inspires me is traveling, but I don't like doing it alone and that just continues the same old cycle.

Help?
>>
>>18222687
Travel around the world, make that your new goal The odds are that you might find a girl that you like during one of those trips
>>
>>18222687
Get a fucking therapist instead of going on /adv/, for a start
>>
>>18222687
Get a hobby as well. Cooking is a pretty good one. You can go to/tg/ as well if you are really out of ideas.
>>
>>18222723

I've been considering this, but therapists are such a pain in the ass. It takes such a long time to build a rapport, and then you're blowing a month's rent essentially just to complain to someone. Plus they always want to focus on shit that I don't want to be there to focus on.
>>
>>18222732

I hate cooking with a passion. But I have a lot of hobbies. None of them really help. They're just time killers at the end of the day, and don't inspire any satisfaction.
>>
Welcome to the harsh reality of age. It's all downhill from here. Alcohol is your only friend at this point.
>>
>>18222687
You clearly haven't been living with real authenticity.

You have settled for the low hill instead of the mountain.
>>
>>18222687
It's a good time to start thinking for yourself and stop living your life according to the expectations of others.
>>
>>18222723
Do you come on this board just to tell people to leave?
>>18222711
I did this. I met my wife abroad.
>>18222737
Then you need new hobbies. Community college is a great place to find your passion. Take some classes and join some clubs.
>>
>>18222687
>I don't want kids.
Found the problem.
>>
>>18222980

Yes because wasting all of your money and time on a little shit that is gonna turn my age and be just as unfulfilled is something to aspire to. Who needs sleep or money! Have kids! They shit everywhere! They scream! But this should fix your life... for some reason.
>>
>>18223011
Watch Youth (2015)

You sound like a philistine to me but maybe it will sink in.
>>
>>18223011
You the original op?

You wrote that your life is just boring cycle. Bunch of kids at your home with wife to boot is anything but cycle. Sure, it will be repetitive, but some people looks like they are happy with their kids and providing for them and their wife.

With your current attitude all you have left is overdosage from heroin and trying to turn gay. I am sorry that money itself cant buy you happiness.

Try to make somebody else than yourself happy once. Yes it will make you vulnerable, but i say it is worth the risk.
>>
>>18223029

I am the OP. I'm looking for satisfaction in life, not stress and a reason to permanently be locked into a shitty daily 9-5 for fear of not providing for a wife and kids I don't want in the first place.

Don't get me wrong - I think kids are absolutely fantastic when they're well behaved and well raised, and I absolutely support people who want to have kids and find it rewarding. Great for them.

However, I've seen too many nightmare kids, and know too many unhappy parents whose lives are all but over because everything has devolved into work and child rearing. I'll never forget the day my coworker cried into my arms in a side office because she felt terrible that she couldn't stand raising her kid and lying to everyone about it being great made her feel like absolute shit every day.

>Unhappy? Just ignore it and make someone else happy
>>
>>18223047
>shitty daily 9-5
Cant argue with that, nobody likes shitty job. But you
>climbed corporate ladder
so maybe it wouldnt be that bad. And what else you want to do? To be neet? That way you will get even more boredom.

>wife and kids I don't want
Well if you dont want wife, you wont marry in the first place :-) bad argument. The first key is to actually find sonebody you WANT to marry and stuff.

>I've seen too many nightmare kids
I've seen too many car crashes so I never will travel by car again. Logical fallacy.

As with your coworker, there are always ways how to fix your own life. Like from talking to proffesional, curing depression, fixing marriage to divorce, adoption of kids and never seeing them again. I bet she had much worse problems with her life before even having kids and now she throw all her problems on them.

But there is no /adv/ice for you op, I am sorry. I just hope you dont overdose on heroin in futile try to escape your boring life. Remember you can always shitpost here than kys.

Cheers.
>>
>>18223074

I have no interest in being NEET, but when my finances are my finances alone and not subject to the quarter of a million dollars it takes to raise a child, I can use that money to save and invest and eventually focus on pursuits where I won't be stuck in an office answering to someone or locked into a schedule.

Marriage is seemingly a losing battle. I'm not against it, but the idea of spending my life with someone and having that not turn into divorce and unhappiness eventually doesn't seem realistic.

>I've seen too many car crashes so I never will travel by car again. Logical fallacy.

I can control a car. I can't control a kid. It's more like "when all of my friends have bought cars, 60% of them haven't worked right. I'm not going to waste my money on a car that might not work right. I'll take the bus instead."
>>
>>18223092
>bus instead
Nice analogy. I really wonder about alternatives to wife and kids thou. Prostitutes and pets? :-D

You just dont know what you want op. Dont worry, you will figure it out some day.

Try asking your parents how they figured out what they actually want to do in their life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.