[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a "conversation" I had yesterday with a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: convo.png (1MB, 716x764px) Image search: [Google]
convo.png
1MB, 716x764px
This is a "conversation" I had yesterday with a friend who I think has been treating me as too much of an orbiter

I assumed that she was trying to tell me to go to the library with a one word message. Her not giving any additional information at all kinda set me off and made me stay put, I felt like she was acting like I was her bitchslave and could be called upon with a single word without any context.

Was I in the wrong for responding how I did (asking those questions and staying in my comfy balcony spot)? How should I proceed from here?

I walked by her like 3 hours later and all she did was turn her head.
>>
too much of an orbiter? there's no degrees here, any amount is bad
>>
I think you answered perfectly. You didn't understand what she meant so you asked. Good luck, hope she replies normally and not in riddles.
>>
>>18222519
I agree but this (insinuating that being only a bit of an orbiter is preferable) isn't the crux of my point and isn't what I'm saying. I would probably say things like "portraying me as too much of a villain" even though I wouldn't like being portrayed as a villain at all and wouldn't be implying that kinda being portrayed as a villain is okay. Semantics.
>>
>>18222520
Should I just ask her if she wanted to meet up yesterday or just leave it for when I see her again?

Should add that this isn't for romantic prospects, I just want to keep a friend. Though I did have feelings, asked her out, got rejected and all of that but I'm mostly over it.
>>
Just respond this:

"Stop reading romance novels and come over to my comfy balcony"
>>
>>18222590
*cringe*
>>
>>18222591
-t. Virgin
>>
>>18222590
I'm at home talking to you guys, this was all yesterday.
>>
>>18222605
Missed opportunity then
>>
Just forget about it.

You can't read her mind and she should know that.

Know your self-worth, if she's acting like a bitch because of this then just ignore her.
>>
>>18222799
Thanks for the advice anon, just gonna go about my day.
>>
>>18223107
In hindsight, I think she was probably saying "Oh, library here" but didn't go anywhere with it or give any additional info so whatever.
>>
>>18222512

you answered normally but i can see why someone could take it the wrong way, it sounds bitchy without any inflection.

similar issue on grindr today.
>>
>>18223165
I can see that, sucks, was just trying to know more about the situation or if there was a situation.
>>
she just said she's at the library, no further implementations. how do you even read stuff into that?
>>
>>18223491
See >>18222590

She's letting you know she's thinking of your D, but you're too autist to give her a booty call
>>
>>18223494
P.S. if she doesn't want the D then she'll just say "lol" or something and go on with your life.

But the fact she was mad means she was obviously taking op's response as a rejection
>>
>>18223491
The one word answer was so vague that I thought she was commanding me to go to the library as she's commanded me to do so before.

I do think, like the other anon said, that she may be a bit upset by how this came across but I don't know what to do.

Thinking about sending "Just realized you might've been just saying you were at the library yesterday, didn't mean to come off as rude if I did."

What do you guys think?
>>
>>18223874
stop caring so much about her. if she's unclear that's on her. don't be a bitch. she'll come back to you if she'd like you to join her for some reason.
you need to change your mindset, man. do you overthink your male friends' texts the same way and spoonfeed them/ run after them like a bitch? see her as a friend or ask her out, goddammit. you're acting like her pet dog
>>
>>18222590
AND THIS FOLKS, IS HOW YOU GET LAID

>>18222512
OP, YOU FUCKED UP M8
>>
>>18223890
>do you overthink your male friends' texts the same way and spoonfeed them/ run after them like a bitch?
Yes but to an admittedly lesser extent unless they/I really misconstrue something. I'm pretty bad about this, though I see your point.

I'll just forget it like I planned to.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.