[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just been diagnosed with cancer.. they havent told me any specifics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
i just been diagnosed with cancer.. they havent told me any specifics about how severe it is or how long i have left they're just doing loads of checks.. so yeah.. what should i do before i die? my dream would be to skydive straight into a volcano lol. i dont know how i'd go about setting that up tho
>>
It may be treatable, take it easy. Wait for the results. Now a days they can treat stuff that wasn't possible years ago.
>>
Try treating it with cannabis oil if there's any chance it'll help. Although we hooked a family friend up with it and her cancer went into full remission, then it suddenly came back and she died. It could be because the guy just stopped communicating with us so she couldn't get through a full treatment cycle. But it seemed to help, it was lung cancer.
>>
>>18222216
This. Be happy and don't think about it too hard OP.
>>
>>18222179
>i dont know how i'd go about setting that up tho
Go out to some shitty little south american country that has a volcano, pay a poor dude with a bushplane to bring you up for a jump.

Just be sure to take skydiving lessons so you can hit your target.

That said, don't An Hero right away. Cancer survival rates are high, and are always getting higher.
>>
>>18222261
>Cancer survival rates are high, and are always getting higher.

This. Do your homework OP, as if your life depended on it, because it more or less does and you want to be an informed patient.
>>
>>18222179
Cancer is a very treatable illness nowadays. My friend has Stage 4 Ewings Sarcoma that's invaded her lung but thanks in large part to a vaccine made from her T-Cells she's living her life symptom free and the tumors continue to shrink.
>>
>>18222179
OP, I would recommend also to start exploring the best hospitals in your area.

The first thing is to look for your nearest national cancer center since they have the best doctors, technology, and actively participate in research. If one is not nearby, then you should always try to look for hospitals that are affiliated or part of universities since they have best doctors that keep up with the peer reviewed literature. Even if a national cancer center isn't nearby, I would take the trip just to get a second opinion once your treatment starts.

I would honestly not recommend going to any other type of hospital.

Look where your oncologist did his/her fellowship and residency. If it isn't at a prestigious hospital then I would nope out of there and find another one. You can check US World and News Report for the hospital rankings. If you have an onco that did his fellowship or residency at MD Anderson, then that's the person you should be seeing since it is the best cancer hospital in the world.

Always remember that cancer is a complex disease, and the official statistics will most likely not apply to you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.