[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The guy I am dating is too much into me. I really like him,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

The guy I am dating is too much into me.

I really like him, but he's so crazy about me and the difference between what I feel and what he says he feels is making me feel really uncomfortable.
He's very clingy, very invested, extremely intense.

How can I make him slow down a bit?
>>
>>18222020
Tell him you're going out of town for a week and do little no contact

Either that or do the obvious thing and tell him he's overbearing, it might just upset him though. You don't want to end up dead
>>
>>18222020
Time & space, to let him & you think yourselfs
>>
>>18222030
>Tell him you're going out of town for a week and do little no contact
I will be out of town this weekend. Hopefully that will help.

>>18222032
I don't know how to ask him tho. Like, how do you tell someone "I know you feel all those beautiful things for me but I really don't and it makes me feel exhausted"?
I really like him, but fuck I am not really a romance and feelings person.
>>
>>18222033

>Like, how do you tell someone "I know you feel all those beautiful things for me but I really don't and it makes me feel exhausted"

Have you tried this exact sentence ? You don't have to sugarcoat everything you say, especially if its about something that's eating away at you.
>>
>>18222035
I guess.
I just don't want to break up or hurt him. I do like him, but yeah when he goes "we should move in together and get engaged before the end of the year" it makes me freak out.

He's just an impulsive kind of person, I am really not.
>>
>>18222020
How long have you been together?
>>
>>18222587
We met at a NYE party, started dating shortly after. So like 4 months.
>>
>>18222594
Dump him. Now.

There's something wrong with him.
>>
>>18222606
Why do you say so?
>>
>>18222611
You've been together for 4 months and he wants to get engaged? That's not normal behavior. How long did it take for him to say he loves you?
>>
Usually girls dump guys who are clingy.
Thanks for being different.
>>
>>18222612
I said the same to my first girlfriend.
She broke up eventually, and i learned that love isn't like in the movies.

Eventually i became a sex addict banging hookers, having no stable relationship.
>>
>>18222612
3 months and half. Which is early, but not ridiculously early (I think).
He doesn't want to get engaged now, but he said he'd like to get engaged soon and move in with me in October when his lease ends.

>>18222615
I am pretty crazy about him, so yeah. I just think we're going too fast.
>>
>>18222040
So just tell him that. People moving at different speeds can cause a lot of problems in a relationship. Tell him that you like him and you don't want to break up with him, but he's moving way too fast for you and it's starting to make you anxious. If he can't lighten up on the gas pedal for you after that, you simply need to move on; it'll be better for both of you in the long run.
>>
>>18222632
>I am pretty crazy about him, so yeah. I just think we're going too fast
Sounds like you're the one with issues, not him. Get over your fear
>>
>>18222632
Just make it clear what the fuck you want. Say "Can we slow down", and say that you want things to progress in a comfortable manner and speed, to move in when you both feel comfortable doing so.
Make your reasoning clear, if he actually loves you and isn't totally spasticated, he should understand.
>>
>>18222646
>I think that having a relationship where one of the parties isn't comfortable is a good idea
>>
>>18222020
dumb him get a guy who abuses you and beats you instead.
>>
>>18222643
>>18222648

I'll try. I'm just scared I'll hurt him.
I'm sure he'll slow down if I ask him to, but I don't want him to feel rejected.

>>18222646
I definitely do, not even questioning that.
But I don't act impulsive with life-changing decisions. I cannot do it, it makes me feel sick.
It's just not who I am.

>>18222657
I don't want to dump him, and you seem bitter.
>>
It's more hurtful to just let the resentment build and suddenly dump him when it becomes unbearable than to clearly lay out your grievances and the changes in his behavior that he needs to commit to to make this relationship work.

That being said, you don't really sound into him, like you dread his presence. Has this experience 'poisoned the well' so to speak? Do you think it's irreversibly changed your opinion of him for the worse, and that you're only staying with him because you don't want to hurt such a head-over-heels guy? If so, nothing he does will work, and you should just break up. You need to keep a patient and open mindset as he attempts to change, if it gets that far.
>>
>>18222668
If he isn't retarded he will understand

If he doesn't understand and has a hissy fit, his problem

If you do break up with him after saying to slow down and/or taking a break, make it absolutely crystal clear and absolutely do not expect him to take it well.
Been through that before with a girl. She was uncomfortable how quick it was going. She then took a break. After 2 weeks I asked if she had had enough time. Unbeknownst to me, her reply was her breaking up with me. Didn't realise till a month later when all of her girlfriends were concerned if I realised or not.
As expected, it was a shock. Supposedly prefers being friends, but then pretty much ceased friendship with me. Absolutely sucked, still does.
>>
>>18222682
I really am crazy about him. I'm just incredibly bad at... feelings, I guess.
He's amazing and we're a perfect fit. Gave me that "we've known each other for years" feeling since we first met, and his impulsiveness is actually good in a lot of ways since it pushes me out of my comfort zone.
I just keep telling myself that it's just 4 months, we're in the honeymoon stage and I shouldn't make life-changing decisions based on that. He seems to not give a fuck about it.
I am just a very rational woman and it is really hard for me to let go. I know he's not doing it with any malice, and I want to be with him.
>>
You've gotta tell him, and you've gotta baby him through it a little bit, I think. I've gotten into relationships way too fast before, and now I'm way too slow to get into them, so I don't know the exact balance yet, but your boyfriend sounds like my roommate.

He starts promising the world to girls shortly after dating them, invests every fiber of his being into pleasing them, including all of his time and money, and if they don't want to hang out 7 days a week for every moment they're not at work, he panics and beats himself up. He swears he loves girls just weeks into the relationship, and maps out their entire future, and I see why this would freak out a girl who just wants to get to know this person a little bit before dedicating themselves so wholly to him.

I think it's like this - you want someone who is going to grow into the relationship and understand and accept your flaws while you do the same for them, and jumping into "love" and "moving in" and "engaged" this fast is kind of like they'd do it for anyone and were just waiting to lock someone down, yknow?

Anyways, set some boundaries and a little bit of space and tell him to slow down. Unfortunately, with this kind of guy, he's probably going to have a panic attack and let himself get eaten alive from the inside, but maybe you'll be lucky and he'll be able to rationally take a step back.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.