[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ex wrote a post about how she felt like I constantly criticized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

My ex wrote a post about how she felt like I constantly criticized her. I'm thinking of sending her this privately:

You're right. I did. I'm sure I always had some justification at the time, it was just an impulse of mine to constantly seek some sort of authority or validation. Maybe it's because I felt like I was failing in so many other parts of my life, or I was projecting the expectations I thought others had for me onto you. Doesn't make any of what I said or did right.

And the funny thing is, I felt the same way. I started to feel guilty about liking things which you didn't. I'd listen to a Death Grips song or something and think, "April doesn't like this. This isn't the person April wants me to be." That's what I became obsessed with: the person I *thought* you wanted me to be, and my own failure to live up to this completely imaginary standard.

When you told me you were thinking of going full-on vegan, I was confused, because I didn't think that was who you were (I started an argument about bees for some stupid reason). It took me a long time to realize that just as I had created an imaginary image of myself, I had created an imaginary image of you. I didn't want to see a real person in a real world, I just wanted to tell myself a story about a shy nerd who fell in love with a punk rock girl.

And I'm not saying all this to beg you to give me another chance--it's over, I understand that--but I want you to know that even now, more than a year afterward, you still inspire me. I admire your compassion: your ability to read a person or a room with almost telekinetic ease. I admire your resolve: how quickly you made a plan to overcome any obstacle in your path, how adversity seemed to make you even more steely and determined. And I admire how easily you seemed to find comfort in quiet moments, the simple pleasures which I so often missed.

You're a good person, April. If nothing else, you gave this sad sap a chance, and an ideal to strive for. Thank you.
>>
I'd change the "thank you" for "wish you my best" or something like that, english is not my native language but ending it with a thanks makes you look like a little faggot.

If you really think you owe her an apology then do so, however I'd do it in person if possible or over the phone, mainly because I'm paranoic about people posting my conversations in facebook but that's just me.
>>
This is such a cheesy piece of shit lol
I'm assuming your both 16
>>
File: 1492053223742.png (120KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
1492053223742.png
120KB, 213x236px
>>18221956
>I just wanted to tell myself a story about a shy nerd who fell in love with a punk rock girl.

Oh my god that's fckin gay. These kids.
>>
>>18221977
I'm 24, she's 22.

>>18221983
She was my high school crush. In college, we started talking again, and started to really get along, and we ended up dating for two years.

It was an immature relationship. I think we both held a lot back because we were afraid to speak our minds. But I really, really did care about her. She was straight-up the best friend I ever had, so it hurts to think that she has such a negative memory of our relationship.
>>
File: 1410862609146.gif (4MB, 277x258px) Image search: [Google]
1410862609146.gif
4MB, 277x258px
>>18221956

>My ex wrote a post about how she felt like I constantly criticized her

And my ex had two kids with a welder from Pennsylvania and moved into an RV.

My point is, who gives a shit?
>>
>>18221999
I do, because I still like her. As a person and a friend. She was one of the most influential people I ever met, so it hurts to think that she thinks so poorly of me.
>>
>>18222047
Well I don't know you or her. But her biggest issue is that you criticized her too much? Was the criticism constructive? Is she the type of person who can admit when they're doing something wrong, do you think this will be a problem for you both in the future?
>>
>>18222055
It was petty criticism, honestly. I tried to phrase it as constructive, but most of the time it was just me feeling slightly superior. When she put on an album she liked, I always tended to find something to complain about, some excuse for me to put on one of my "/mu/-approved" albums.

She even admitted that she chocked it up to different tastes for a long time, but eventually the pattern of subtle negativity and dissatisfaction became clear. She started to feel uncomfortable even enjoying her favorite albums in private, because she remembered how I criticized them. Truth is, I felt the same way about all the albums she didn't like too.
>>
>>18222068
>Truth is, I felt the same way about all the albums she didn't like too.

Well that's normal, you don't have to like the same things as each other, and you certainly don't need to pretend to. But, I believe you when you say you were going through an elitist phase, and that's really all you need to explain to her, that you aren't like that anymore and want to hang out again. No long-winded, saccharine love letters necessary. Unless she's into that. In which case ... yeesh.
>>
>>18222081
Fair enough. I do have a tendency to write and say way too much all at once. I guess I just wrote all that to get a better understanding of my own feelings. If I do try to contact her again, I'll keep your advice in mind. Thanks.
>>
>>18221956
save this text, wait 3 weeks, then read through it again and if you think it's good then send it. seems absolutely useless to me. It would've been good if you two were still together but now it's just oversensitive shit. I know it's truely how you feel and I've truely felt stuff like that too but you've missed that train to say that stuff and not look like an utter faggot
>>
>>18221956
Fuckin kids these days. Why can't you call oor talk to her in person you trog? Fuck. Not every argument needs a dissertation on your innermost thoughts. Life isn't that complicated. Just say "yeah I'm kind of a dick, but I loved you" or whatever and be done with it.
>>
she's your ex why th fuck do you care so much faggot?

move the fuck on
>>
durrr my ex says I criticized her so ill criticize her privately after our relationship is over to show her what's what!
>>
>>18221956
Why do you feel the need to get in the last word?
>>
Honestly, OP, if your statements regarding her character are accurate, I think she'd really appreciate you sending this to her. Might give her some clarity and open the lines of communication if they've been down. Don't worry about looking like a faggot or anything the other anons are posting... THAT'S the high school shit right there. Take the risk and say what you need to say.
>>
god these long ass stupid posts. Young people are so full of emotion.

All these feels go away when you get older. Everything is much duller, people don't have passion. The novelty of sexual pleasure has completely worn off.

Everything becomes about money - who has it, who doesn't. Love doesn't exist.
>>
>>18222538
Not every person over the age of 25 is as bitter and jaded as you are. Your post also has nothing to do with the OP, really. Go feel sorry for yourself somewhere else.

OP, I agree with >>18222516 - based on what you've told us, you've really got nothing to lose by getting your message off of your chest, and quite a bit for both you and your ex to potentially gain. If you're sending it privately (as you mentioned that you were), just do it.
>>
>>18222401
Awesome job reading like seven words selected at random from the OP.
>>
>>18222548
>Not every person over the age of 25 is as bitter and jaded as you are
im not bitter and jaded. It's just so lame to write so much to a woman. Women don't have deep feelings about anything. Women don't even like men. Op's best bet is to simply ignore his ex and move on. why waste time on her?
>>
this the gayest shit i ever read lol
>>
>>18222554
I read as much as she will get out of any retarded bullshit that op sends her while she forwards it to her friends

don't give oats to a dead horse retard
>>
>>18222577
Oh yeah, I believe you're not bitter and jaded after that post. For sure.

You're a funny guy, anon.
>>
>>18222577
> BOYS RULE, GIRLS DROOL REEEEEEEEE
> I'm not bitter or jaded in the slightest! THE CAKE IS A LIE LOVE IS A LIE FEELINGS ARE A LIE NOTHING IS REAL
>>
>>18221956
If you already wrote it what the fuck are you waiting for. She's your ex. You are under no obligation to ever interact with her again
>>
>>18222577
It's not my intention to get back together with her, but even before we dated, she was my best friend. We talked constantly, shared stories and inside jokes. Transitioning to dating seemed like the logical next step, but after a few years it started to fall apart. I thought we could just go back to the friendship we had before, but she just cut off all contact, and I could never understand why.

So I just want to be able to talk to her again, and ask her how her day has been, because other people are fucking boring and she isn't to me.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.