[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend (1 year) is going to a birthday dinner tonight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2731.jpg (48KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2731.jpg
48KB, 500x374px
My girlfriend (1 year) is going to a birthday dinner tonight for her little sister (13) and it's going to be filled with a bunch of 13 year old girls that I've never met. They apparently eat for about 3 hours and I'm feeling like I'd be weird if I went.
She got mad when I told her I didn't want to go and that I'd see her after. She mainly mad because I won't see her for a week from now.
Am I in the wrong here?
>>
File: cdc.jpg (45KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
cdc.jpg
45KB, 546x366px
>>18220649
Yes. You are missing out in a chance to meet a bunch of qt little grills.
>>
It's not about hanging with some 13 year olds, It's about being there with your girlfriend. Shows commitment
>>
File: 1487534489479.png (435KB, 622x545px) Image search: [Google]
1487534489479.png
435KB, 622x545px
you failed the shit test

either go or drop her
>>
>>18220669
Yeah, what this anon said. Also, she probably feels just as awkward being surrounded by a bunch of 13 year olds, or at least will feel bored/annoyed from it and wants adult company, specially you because your her boyfriend.
>>
>>18220681
>>18220669
Fine niggers I'll bring a flask to share
>>
>>18220669

This.

But seriously. you should break up with her instead.
No reasonable human being would try to force anyone into a room with angsty teenage girls.

That's a torture that should be reserved for the worst terrorists and war criminals.

She probably wants you to go because she'll hate it to and needs support, but another way to think of this is "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me".
>>
>>18220690
Yes OP, break up with her because she wants you to come with her because being around you makes miserable situations better. What the fuck is wrong with you people, the slightest inconvenience happens and it's "Dump her. Dump her now."
>>
>>18220699
>What the fuck is wrong with you people

I'm an old robot. Being alone is fine, and to me, being with someone is just another person wanting me to do shit that I don't want to do.

>the slightest inconvenience happens
It's hilarious that you think this will be the only time.
OP, it's never just once and the moment you set an example that you'll give into her, it will happen all the god damn fucking time.

You need to explain to her that this sounds like shit and try to compromise, say "yeah, I'll go, but I'm not sticking around for the full three hours, we make an excuse after a while come home, get wasted while binge watching an entire series on netflix".

That, is if you want to maintain some level of control in this relationshit.
Though, being single is easier. So much fucking easier.

>"Dump her. Dump her now."
Path of least resistance. It's not just for electrons.
>>
>>18220727
I can tell you aren't very social and probably haven't been in many relationships. There's a lot of /r9k/ MGTOW bullshit in that post.
>>
>>18220727
>I'm an old robot. Being alone is fine, and to me, being with someone is just another person wanting me to do shit that I don't want to do.
Well that's great, but this thread isn't about you. It's about OP.

>It's hilarious that you think this will be the only time.
The only time that OP's girlfriend wants to spend time with him? OH THE HORRORS!!

>That, is if you want to maintain some level of control in this relationshit.
So what you're saying is OP shouldn't do anything nice for his girlfriend unless he can bribe something out of it?

That's fucked
>>
>>18220727
>>18220727
I understand that point of view but our relationship is really weird and none of this applies in this moment. A past me could have used this advice with other girls but I've been around the block and this relationship really is different.
Thanks for the input though it's always good for people to have different opinions even if they are unpopular regardless who's right or wrong, that's why we all come here. I'm out fags
>>
My girlfriend went out with her friends for her birthday. Dinner and drinks. Didn't see them for a while so I said just go and we'll do something later. Drinks are drunk at dinner, they go to the bar/club next door. She gets egged on to dance with rando. Makes out with rando. I could tell something was off when she got back. Apologizing for everything but that. Projecting hard for days. Finally comes out. Break it off. She's pleading for me not to leave her. I'm the best guy she's ever dated blah blah. Literally a wreck. Nope
>>
>>18220699
indolent souls
>>
>>18220745
>So what you're saying is OP shouldn't do anything nice for his girlfriend unless he can bribe something out of it?

Even feminists say you shouldn't be nice to women, because they're already assuming you're trying to get something out of it.

Secondly, why would you do anything that you really don't want to do, unless you're given an incentive?

Are you a masochist?

Doing something "nice" should not be a three hour long ordeal.

>That's fucked
Agree to disagree, very few people out there give anything up for free, and those who do tend to get taken advantage of.
>>
>>18220681
Pretty much this.
>>18220690
This is absolute shitposting or /r9k/ talking.

OP this is something that you just gotta do. If you're smart you'll get something out of it. You'll take her to a movie/activity she didn't /really/ want to do/see but you did because hey, you did her a favor, or you can take her to one of /your/ awkward family meetups
At the very least you'll get laid because of it, if...housing situation allows for it. I assume you'll be staying at her parents' house since it's the 13 year olds' birthday?
>>
>>18220784
>Even feminists say you shouldn't be nice to women, because they're already assuming you're trying to get something out of it.
Feminists are retarded. So is their advice

>Secondly, why would you do anything that you really don't want to do, unless you're given an incentive?
Because in relationships, it's not all about you.

>Are you a masochist?
Must be for replying

>Doing something "nice" should not be a three hour long ordeal.
Then what is "nice"? Is there a time limit on it?
>>
>>18220784
A relationship is give and take. I don't know how jaded you've become after browsing /r9k/ /soc/ and /a/ for years but hey, wake up.
After a year of committed relationship, it's not just about you anymore.
>>
>>18220649
It's her little sister. If you can't sit through this you're a giant faggot who doesn't deserve to get laid by a woman ever again. Start your HRT tomorrow, bitch.
>>
>>18220825
>Feminists are retarded. So is their advice

I'd agree but unfortunately, they are also the ones in charge of the media, the education system and pretty much every companies HR department.

The fact is, they are in control of the current status quo, and I'd rather not go against that.

Secondly, the also control a shit-tone of women and their beliefs. Some moreso than others but the idea of "nice guys" seems to be a very common belief.

Better off distancing ourselves from that label entirely.

>Because in relationships, it's not all about you.
Not all about her either. If she's not prepared to compromise to you, why should you be expected to do it for her?
What you are promoting isn't a relationship, or even an emotionless partnership, it's more like voluntary slavery.

>Then what is "nice"? Is there a time limit on it?
Something nice is a surprise dinner date, or picnic. Buying a gift.
It's hardly nice if it's going to cause an unfair balance in the relationshit, or force one party into a situation they don't want to be in - that shit just leads to resentment.

No time limit on it, the keyword was "ordeal". If OP and OPs girl both liked a romantic date night, for example, so OP surprised her, it could last as long as they want it to.

But three hours of shit you really don't want to do?
That's just agonising.
>>
>>18220848
>all that shit about feminists
Completely irrelevant to OP's relationship

>If she's not prepared to compromise to you, why should you be expected to do it for her?
Who said she isn't? Do you know OP or his girlfriend? Or are you just judging the entire one year relationship with this one instance?

>What you are promoting isn't a relationship, or even an emotionless partnership, it's more like voluntary slavery.
Jesus fucking Christ dude. You're acting like doing a favour makes you forever indebted to someone. Being someone's date for a family event isn't fucking slavery.

>It's hardly nice if it's going to cause an unfair balance in the relationshit, or force one party into a situation they don't want to be in - that shit just leads to resentment.
Balance? These are people, not fucking weights on a scale. Relationships are give and take. Sometimes you do things, sometimes they do things. It won't cause resentment unless you're the most selfish and insecure faggot in the galaxy.

>But three hours of shit you really don't want to do?
That's just agonising.
Cry me a river
>>
>>18220848
t. insecure faggot that can't hold a relationship more than 3 months and doesn't know why.
>>
>>18220673
>>18220699
if this is her idea of a shit test, then you're better off considering what she has to offer other than sex

>>18220756
>Because in relationships, it's not all about you.
and yet it only takes one side to end it

>>18220843
>A relationship is give and take.
this is 100% true, so you need to consider if one side is giving or taking a lot more than is acceptable.

>>18220649
though honestly it's a onetime thing, sort of like getting a flat tire and changing it yourself

it's nothing to get pissy about
either change the tire or get a new car

if it happens every month or so, then it becomes a problem
>>
>>18221032

oh fuck meant to reply to >>18220825, not >>18220756
>>
>>18220848
Just wondering, what is the longest time you've managed to maintain a romantic relationship?
>>
>>18220756
good call though, with a girl like that she could've wound up pregnant with some random guy's kid and trapped you.

if all it takes is a couple of drinks to cheat on you, then she was going to eventually.

And don't let anyone tell you otherwise, as if a few drinks would force someone to do something they hadn't already thought about, even shit-faced drunks at least try to walk to a toilet, either physically or in their minds, before they shit themselves
>>
>>18221050
a better question to ask would be:
"How many of your relationships have ended where the girl wanted you back?"
>>
>>18220649
Why are you dating a 1 year old you disgusting freak?
>>
I think from a relationship both people involved should make concessions. She clearly wants you there and maybe it's not the best event or the most fun but ITS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. If you make an effort and she also does it could be s great night. If you go and you sulk around she's not going to want you there.thats prob why she's mad. She knows If she makes you go that you're not going to be happy and she's going to have to work extra hard to make sure you're having a good time and she is and she's mad that you didn't agree to go in the first place. She wants you to come because she knows she will have a better time with you. This is an opportunity for you to show how reliable you are as a friend and boyfriend. Make the concession don't make it difficult. I would text back "hey sorry abot what I said earlier I was just exhausted and I didn't think I would have the energy but I'm feeling better now do you mind if I come with you to that party? I was actually really looking forward to... Whatever sounds like something you would say. Keep it light hearted you want to sound like you actually want to go. Look I get it it may not be the most fun but I'm sure it would mean a lot to her and if you made this concession and show that loyalty she will give in return. If she doesn't then that's a problem for another day
>>
>>18221089
Kek
>>
Clearly she doesn't consider spending three hours with her sister a chore and she's pretty annoyed that you do.
>>
>>18221109
This may be the most disgustingly set out wall of text ever, but it's pretty right
>>
File: IMG_2744.png (159KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2744.png
159KB, 750x1334px
>>18221688
Yea that was clearly the case, she comes from a very close knit British family where every event is of grand importance. My family is surprised if you're there on time if at all.

Went and had fun, wasn't that bad at all and got a free delicious meal of scallops and pasta.

Pic from when I decided to go if anyone is still interested.
>>
>>18221719
You did the right thing anon. Glad this place isn't total shit.
>>
>>18221719
Good on you anon.
>she will remember this.
>>
>>18220649
when you're with someone you sometimes do things that you don't want to do. that's being a good partner
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.