[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going in to the army and I have asthma. It's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: header.png (407KB, 627x309px) Image search: [Google]
header.png
407KB, 627x309px
I'm going in to the army and I have asthma. It's not that bad,I can run about three miles in my current state of fitness before getting tight in the chest and it goes away without the assistance of my inhaler. My recruiter told me to lie and at worst of I get caught in basic they will simply just discharge me and send me home and that all the fraudulent enlistment stuff is just a scare tactic. Is there anyone who knows first hand the best thing to do. I think I can get through basic and be fine but I just want to know the worst case scenario.
>>
>>18220216
>I just want to know the worst case scenario
You're out in the field, you have an asthma attack and die because you were a moron and didn't disclose it.

Seriously, why would you fuck around with something that affects your health like that?
>>
>>18220216
the fraudulent enlistment stuff is NOT a scare tactic. your recruiters only job is to get you to join no matter what. they have a quota to meet and without it they wont get their bonus pay.

I personally think you should disclose it and let MEPS decide if you're fit or not.
>>
>>18220223
Because I haven't had an attack that even required an inhaler in ten years. I go backpacking for days without it and run pretty regularly where at best I feel a bit tight in the chest.
>>
>>18220232
What is your experience with the topic?
>>
>>18220216
There's a reason these rules exist. If you're in the field and you get short of breath, you will drag down your entire unit caring for you. You should not enlist. Young men your age can die because of this. I'm a high school teacher in a poor area, we get recruiters coming in all the time, I've had kids go into the field. One didn't make it, and his family was destroyed. His mother never forgave herself for letting him do it. I had his brother as a freshman and I have him again as a senior, his entire personality has changed. Please don't do this to yourself or anyone else. The rules are the rules for a reason.
>>18220232
This. There are waivers for everything, until you get into the field, then you just die.
>>
>>18220293
It's the military you dolt. People die in the military. EVERYONE that joins runs that risk.
>>
>>18220357
And you want them to die because some asshole lied about his asthma.

Good stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.