[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does 4chan deal with the pain? Currently feeling like shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

How does 4chan deal with the pain?

Currently feeling like shit cause I'm falling for someone at work and I don't see this going anywhere, the frustrating thing is that I wasn't even looking for it, it just fucking happened and I have no idea why. I haven't had or even been remotely interested in a proper relationship for a fuck of a long time and all of the sudden I'm like a 13 year old teen in love again, haven't felt like this in a long time, always thinking of her and my chest keeps hurting. I feel like shit all day long I want it to stop and the vodka ain't fucking helping. Any chance there's actually something physically wrong with me that medication will solve?
>>
File: 213.jpg (362KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
362KB, 2048x1152px
wow this sure made me feel better, i'm gonna go drink my self to sleep again, cheers
>>
>>18220682
Woah mate slow down...
>>
Last time I saw it happening I caught it early enough to have the choice between getting love sappy or hardening the heart.

I hardened the heart, but honestly I couldn't say how I exercised that control - just that it does exist.
>>
>>18220196
Man try to focus on other things.
You're giving too much attention to her.
Give more attention to yourself. Exercise, read, research things, go for a walk. Leave vodka.
>>
>>18220196

I rip my heart into 100 pieces and use it like currency.

What do I mean by this?
I don't invest all my emotional capacity for romance into one girl like a dumb dumb.
Lets say you have 100 "heart points" or HP as we'll call it.

If you put it all into one girl, and things don't pan out, you lose it all and have to slowly recover from the shitty heartbreak feeling.

If you invest 20HP in 5 girls however, you only risk losing 20HP at a time, so essentially, less heartbreak. It's literally nothing to you.

If things do start to pan out, you can slowly give up investment into the other girls and put more HP into the one that's with you.

Diverse portfolio and shit.
Economics can be applied to literally fucking everything, even emotional security.

As for how I use to deal with heartbreak before I became like this; I felt like shit until I got better.
>>
This shouldn't happen to people over 20. Find yourself something to keep your mind busy and check your hormone levels.
>>
>>18220730

That's what i've been thinking, i'm 31 i should be over this type of shit. 31 and it's like the first girl i kissed in school fucks wrong with this

>>18220706
That's the thing i've been focusing on my work for the past years, i love my work, I had no interest in her at all it just happened, one week i was "ok she's actually pretty cool", couple weeks later I'm a wreck. I can't not talk to her at work but I don't wan't to confront her and risk making my workplace a very shitty place to work it. Again i love this job and don't want to lose it.
>>
>>18220751
>That's the thing i've been focusing on my work for the past years

Can't ignore emotions mate, no matter how hard you try. You can manage them, but if you try to ignore them, they'll blindside you when you least expect it.

I get that work is important, but you were ignoring a huge part of your biology - the need to mate.

I'm not saying you have to go out trying to get laid, but paying attention to a nice girl every once in a while and thinking "Yeah, she's cool" and giving yourself just that little bit of investment into the idea of romance would have prevented this.

You're lonely, even if you don't want to admit it, that's what your brain is telling you. Your emotions got sick of being ignored and hijacked your mind.

> I can't not talk to her at work but I don't wan't to confront her and risk making my workplace a very shitty place to work it. Again i love this job and don't want to lose it.

I get this.

Meet other girls. Outside of work. I don't give a shit how you meet them, even if it's just an E-penpal you meet on /r9k/. You don't have to fuck or get in a relationship if you don't want, but that bit of "maybe something could happen, she's cool" will help.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.