[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it considered socially unacceptable or weird to contact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: why.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
Why is it considered socially unacceptable or weird to contact someone you used to be close with when a lot of time has passed since the last time you spoke?
>>
>>18219513
because for some reason or another you let the relationship dissipate and you've both likely changed severely over time. you're essentially strangers with some shared memories.
>>
>>18219513
It is not weird nor unacceptable unless she is your EX and you already have new gf.
>>
>>18219513

Because life goes on and by doing something like that you're implying that you haven't. Contacting people from your past is basically just saying that you've got nothing worthwhile occupying you now, so you cling to memories of the people you used to know.
>>
>>18219513

>why is it considered sociall unacceptable or weird to contact someone you used to be close with when a lot of time has passed

its literally not. i have never heard anyone say this, in fact our entire social media movement is based around the idea of getting in touch with people you would not otherwise see or meet again.

sounds like what you're really trying to ask is
>why does this girl get weirded out by me continuing to internet stalk her after she rejected me 3 years ago
>>
>>18219760
And it's bad because?
>>
>>18219809

>be 400 pounds
>eating meatloaf drenched in maple syrup
>'WHY DO PEOPLE SAY ITS BAD TO BE FAT?'
>other people: well, it slows you down and makes you die younger and leads to a lot of physical pain
>you: 'AND ITS BAD BECAUSE?'
>>
>>18219694
So what's wrong with a catch-up?
>>
File: 1492037031751.jpg (13KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1492037031751.jpg
13KB, 255x216px
>>18220026
>>18219809
>>18219513

Asks for advice, gets it, starts arguing with advice.

classic /adv/

>>18219801
this guy got it right, kys OP
>>
its not youre just creeping out the person you tried to talk to
>>
>>18219815
Who says about being fat? Are you projecting this hard?
>>
>>18220046
It's a metaphor you fucking airhead.
>>
>>18220030
Follow-up questions isn't arguing, I genuinely want to understand
>>
>>18220091

It's a pretty retarded one. I bet you're still in high school.
>>
>>18220091
With that metaphor you're saying that clinging to memories of people you used to know is bad, but you're not answering what's so bad about the contacting in itself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.