[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing makes me truly happy. There's no meaning in anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 135655046346.jpg (214KB, 504x926px) Image search: [Google]
135655046346.jpg
214KB, 504x926px
Nothing makes me truly happy. There's no meaning in anything.

I have a nice job, pays me decent enough and I truly love what I do.
I get lots of free time I use to read, watch videos and shows, google stuff online that I want to learn about. I do whatever I want to.
I still live with my parents as I'm saving up to live by myself one day. But this means I basically don't have to do chores unless it's the weekend.
On the weekend I usually drive some place that I fancy. It's nice.

But that's it. There's nothing else. Life is meaningless for me. I do everything I want to do but I'm still not happy.
When I was younger used to be in a band. I quit that band for two reasons: 1. the other people in the band didn't completely like the same kind of music as me, 2. I'm not a creative person, I realized this as I matured.
I sometimes have dreams of returning to my band. But I don't think that would really make me happy, it's just my brain telling me something's lacking.

How do I find meaning in life?
>>
>>18219282
>Nothing makes me truly happy. There's no meaning in anything.
>I have a nice job, pays me decent enough and I truly love what I do.
>I get lots of free time I use to read, watch videos and shows, google stuff online that I want to learn about. I do whatever I want to.
>My life is meaningless.
>I make enough money to support my empty meaningless spare time in which all I do is spend time on electronic devices.
Get some hobbies anon. And no, I don't mean watching netflix, vidya, or other shit you can do in your own house. Get a hobby you have to get out and do. You'll meet more people, and being more mobile in your day to day life will help your morale.
>>
Forgot to talk about friendships.
I don't have many friends I can talk to on a daily basis. I used to, and occasionally I can still talk to these people, but not in a regular basis. We all work in different places so I guess it's normal we don't hang out as much.
I recently broke up with my long term girlfriend but we both saw it coming for miles. We knew we were going to break up eventually. It was actually a nice break up and we're on good terms, just not regularly speaking to eachother obviously.

I used to have a pet cat. She died of euthanasia before the cancer got too big. I miss that cat.

Nothing currently makes me as happy as I once was.

>>18219294
Like what? I'm already in a German class, to improve my skills. I like the people there but we don't really hang out much.
>>
I'm in a similar position although I have been living on my own for a few years but in my parents apartment who moved to the countryside.
I think the big problem is we've never truly left the nest to fend for ourselves and the comfort of that safety net is not where you want to be when trying to make significant changes to your life.
Even just the fact that you're on this board asking something like this makes you pretty privileged. If you don't have any real struggles and challenges in your life, faced with difficult decisions and hurdles to overcome you get complacent. It's too comfortable and easy and you don't feel rewarded when overcoming a challenge. Because you practically have none.
>>
>>18219297
Whatever you want. I'm a bit of a meathead so I'd recommend physical stuff, but martial arts and fitness are the two things that come to mind right away, but there's loads of possible things, just do some shit that gets you out of the house. You see so many people these days like
>I spend all my spare time on the computer but I don't feel satisfied with my life! Halp!
>>
>>18219316
I know, you're right. I am kinda lazy.
I guess I kinda cut that part out of my life because I got tired of just being so dissapointed by people in general.
I used to do kung fu. Maybe I can try something else now.
Thanks anon, didn't mean to sound like such a basic bitch. I get real existential sometimes and the stuff I read doesn't help.
>>
>>18219339
>I am kinda lazy.
I sincerely believe there's no such thing as a lazy person, there's just people who haven't found what they enjoy working hard for yet. Yes, that sounds cliche as fuck, like some shit you'd see on a poster in your coach's office, but it seems true. I've known loads of overweight, lazy neet types who get hooked on one hobby (archery, MMA, skateboarding, whatever) who then start sinking 6 hours a day into it.

>I used to do kung fu. Maybe I can try something else now.
Try out MMA or no gi BJJ! Loads of fun, great for getting in shape.
>>
>>18219356
I'm not overweight (actually closer to skinnyfat but minimal ok weight) nor neet but ok, thanks
>>
Some of the advice on here is good. What they won't tell you I'm school is that everyone has to find their own purpose/meaning. Experiment around with everything! See what you like the most. Try working out, drawing or painting, getting involved in public politics, comp programming, even smoking pot. All that matters is it makes you happy and you hang on to it. It's your life and therefore your decision. Even if people don't understand, just do something. BUT the hardest part isn't finding what you like, but actually doing it amd sticking with it. You gotta fucking force yourself dude, and not ever give up. If it seems tedious and boring, that's normal. Boredom and procrastination are the 2 worse traits humans inherently have. If you can internalize that and truly understand it (which sadly most people can't), then you can begin to understand yourself.

TL;DR: Force yourself to be happy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.