[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I need some advice about what degree to choose. For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1474565715560.png (178KB, 1068x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1474565715560.png
178KB, 1068x1142px
Hi guys,

I need some advice about what degree to choose.

For the past six months I did Electrical Engineering at the university but I did not like it at all. So I stopped and went on to search new studies.

I am interested in Civil Engineering, Maths (pure, applied or econometrics) and Computer Science and Engineering.

What would you guys recommend? I am from the Netherlands and am probably going to stay in Europe or move to North America.

Thanks in advance.
>>
USA fag here. Did electrical engineering. Did not like it either but the work I do now is barely related to electrical engineering even though my title is electrical engineer.

For the most part you're just getting a piece of paper that says you're not retarded. Then again I don't know what to tell you.
>>
I'd advise computer science but that's because that's the one I'd chose (and have chosen).

Not sure what would be right for you m8 but computers are the shit and algorithmics are super fun
>>
Hmmm thanks for your answers. I was thinking about a "core" engineering degree like Civil Engineering because I really like the maths and physics involved. But eventually going into software engineering as a job because thats where the jobs are in the 21st century..
>>
At my Uni, the EE degree has technical 'focuses' that you can choose from. One of these is computer & software engineering which was perfect for me once I decided I didn't like traditional EE (circuits, power, etc).

My degree is officially Electrical and Computer Engineering, but I exclusively apply to software engineering and CS position. I've had no trouble at all getting interest from great software companies.

If you wanna code for a living, I would stay with a tech-related degree instead of like mech E. Math may work as well, but you'll have to pick up some programming classes or do a lot of side projects.
>>
>>18218960
aerospace engineering sounds up your alley.
>>
File: 1490176426657.png (28KB, 429x608px) Image search: [Google]
1490176426657.png
28KB, 429x608px
maybe that help u, anon.
>>
>>18219453

>it
>lazy

what
>>
>>18219462
that's what I've seen of the older guys

the tone of judgement is pretty bad though, and maybe that chart is stupid
>>
>>18219493

it feels like its equally banterish towards all of these except for CS and IT that get it the hardest for some reason.
>>
>>18219298
Yes I was thinking about this one, but my uni offers Computer Engineering as a masters degree. You can apply for it once you have either an EE degree or a Compsci degree. So Computer Science ----->>>> Computer Engineering is indeed a valid option.
>>
>>18219315
Aerospace is indeed also an option. But the bachelor did not seem nice in my opinion. So this way is what I was thinking: Civil Engineering bachelor ------>>>> Aerospace Engineering master
>>
>goes to college without knowing what they want to do with their life
>asks the Internet what they should do with their life and 100k for school

When will the college meme end?
>>
>>18218960
>What would you guys recommend?

Whatever job you want, start doing related work as a hobby, or intern, or part time job. This will be more valuable to future employers than a degree and you will figure out if you like it or not.
>>
>>18220574
One of the best recommendations so far. Thanks anon!! Xx I am going to look into it right away. God bless
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.