[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that so many people (or at least that's how it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: smokefrog.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
smokefrog.png
18KB, 509x411px
Why is it that so many people (or at least that's how it comes off) preach to others the need to learn empathy? Yet show no empathy to whom they're lecturing towards?

As in, often they admonish the importance of being empathic to others, but don't take in account how those very others might feel and react towards such lectures. Sometimes, at least in my experience on both sides, feeling condescended and talked down to like they're a child, or an idiot, or simply as if they're not a person or human being. And walk away feeling disrespected and belittled (even if the lecturer in question did not intend to demean anyone).

Just something I've noticed a lot these days. 'specially with SJW movements, or even on here.
>>
I don't have anything to add, but just want to say that that's a good point. I think when people have strong values they can be blind to why others don't share those values.
>>
>>18218392
I tried to 'Like' this post. What has social media done to me?
>>
>>18218368
Care to name an actual example instead of talking around it?

>And walk away feeling disrespected and belittled (even if the lecturer in question did not intend to demean anyone).
There is only so much you can do if the other person is looking for reasons to feel victimized.
>>
>>18218368
Why is it that so many people (or at least that's how it comes off) preach to others the need to learn respect? Yet show no respect to whom they're lecturing towards?
>>
Preaching is wrong in any way possible. You should tell people when they are being dicks but you never really have to sound preachy if you are the one who is right. You are just doing it for your own sake, which is wrong.
That said a lot of people get fed up with shitty behaviour so they just stop trying. Like here or on many other places.
Also feeling empathy for fucked up people can fuck you up. You don't need empathy. Just courtesy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.