[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nearly a year ago my ex dumped me over a text, I assume she was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1663.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.gif
4MB, 200x200px
Nearly a year ago my ex dumped me over a text, I assume she was cheating because she started dating this new guy almost instantly. I don't want to sound egotistical but all of our mutual friends were dumbfounded as to why she left me for this guy (he's really not the most charismatic/good looking guy), and I never really found out.

I haven't really bothered trying to talk to her at all since then, aside from a few times when I had heard some bad news had happened in her family I asked to see how she was doing (with virtually no response) and I haven't seen her in person for nearly a year until earlier, when they came into the gym and just froze when they saw me there, and I could tell they were contemplating even leaving.

I never did anything to hurt her (as far as I'm aware) and things were perfectly fine up until that day. But I never got any true closure, and on the incredibly rare occasion I would text her after that, just to see how she was doing, she would only respond with one-word texts and was really dismissive. I'm not trying to get her back or anything, I just want to be able to talk to her about why things happened the way they did and just get a proper answer. I don't know why she seems to hate me so much when we were so close not too long ago and we can't even just talk maturely, but I really just want to know where I could've gone wrong.

How can I go about actually trying to get her to talk to me about it? I don't want to come across as beating a dead horse, or sound like a creep and still seem interested, but without the closure and reason I've lost a ton of confidence in myself overall.
>>
TL;DR: how can I get someone that seems to hate me to just talk to me?
>>
>>18218309
You can't bro. The way she dumped you is the way she thinks about you; disposable. Forget her.
>>
>>18218424
I'm well aware that's probably how she feels, and it is what it is at this point. But I know she didn't always think that way, we dated for nearly two years and I was her first "true boyfriend" as she would say it. I just want to learn where the change of heart came from and I want to hear it from her, so if I made any kind of mistake I won't do it again in the future

That or she's just a shallow bitch idk man
>>
>>18218442
I've spent months trying to figure out how people can say "I love you" and then cheat on you with your best friend days later.. I know you're looking for closure, understanding; but you just have to chalk it up to cruel people(men and women both) and look for a nice girl with empathy. Don't lower yourself to trying to make things work with a girl who doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>18218456
Damn, it's a shame but I know you're right. I guess my next question would be how to recognize a nice girl like that then? My ex seemed like that at the beginning, came from a good family and was well-rounded but I guess I was wrong in the end there. Dating just seems so hit or miss
>>
>>18218477
Well that's the thing, it's always nice in the beginning. But look how many divorces there are? Why would dating be any different when there's less responsibility involved? Honestly I don't even know the answer to your question myself. I come from a eligious background but again, tons of those girls get up to no good. My litmus test is talking to a girl for a few months to gauge her character and then dating being the formality of it all. But that's playing on hard mode, it's up to you and what you value or want for in a partner. And as for my method? I'm 0/3 since 2015. All the girls I've considered seriously have been flaky as hell. But I've also saved myself a lot of heartache by finding out early and gauging their behaviour, so it's evening out. One day.
>>
>>18218477
There's really no way to tell. People who seem great at first can turn out to be anything but. You can filter out all the obvious bad eggs but some of the non-obvious ones will get through, no way around that. Dating IS hit-or-miss by its very nature but until we perfect mind reading technology there's nothing we can do about that.

Honestly the only true litmus test is to date somebody for a good few years and see whether they stick with you through thick and thin. Which is what you tried to do, and obviously this girl ... didn't. You win some, you lose some, but the good news is you can lose any number of times and you only have to "win" once.

It's cold advice, but there really is nothing you can do beyond reminding yourself "Not all girls are like that" (because they aren't) and trying again when you're ready and you meet somebody.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.