[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't had a crush on a guy since I was a teenager, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Snails_mating.jpg (349KB, 726x536px) Image search: [Google]
Snails_mating.jpg
349KB, 726x536px
I haven't had a crush on a guy since I was a teenager, I'm 25 now

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
Are you a woman? Shut-in?
>>
>>18218321
Yes I'm a woman, no I'm not a shut-in I have a social life
>>
>>18218308
Assuming you're female, it means you have yet to find a male better then you. Females mate up and across intelligence scales. This works for most women except the ones who are higher then the upper mean of males. I'm better then every being that has ever excist, so the odds are not zero you will find a man attractive
>>
>>18218325
So why do you say "crush"? Have you never had a romantic relationship since being a teenager?
>>
>>18218330
I've never had a romantic relationship in my life, I did have intense crushes on guys but they didn't like me back
>>
post pic of yourself
>>
>>18218308

No, something is right with you.

You're not awash in teenage hormones and emotions anymore and are able to more rationally evaluate the people you interact with.

Don't waste your time waiting for love to just "happen" to you, just enjoy getting to know people for who they are, without self-centered infatuation getting in the way.
>>
>>18218398
What if love never happens to me? I'm scared of that happening.
>>
>>18218308
Have you tried asking him out?
>>
>>18218468
Asking who out? I don't have a crush on anyone, I haven't had a crush since I was a teenager
>>
>>18218465
Love does not necessarily just "happen", it's not always just an all of a sudden HE IS THE ONE!! that you get when you see someone. Sometimes it's just someone you might be attracted to slightly, or just something that develops on its own as you meet someone or interact with them regularly.

How are you emotionally? Diet, exercise, mental health? I suppose it's possible there's something amiss in your hormonal levels, perhaps? Periods regular, etc?
>>
>>18218475
My diet, exercise and mental health are ok, they're not optimal but they're fine

My periods are regular.
>>
>>18218479
Well there's your problem!
>>
>>18218488
What's my problem?

I didn't mean that my diet/exercise/mental health were bad, just that they weren't perfect. I'm not happy all day every day and I sometimes eat unhealthy things and skip workouts, but it's not like I desperately need to improve these parts of my life.
>>
>>18218494
I think they were just being facetious.

Anyway, I'm no doctor but i figured if something was super out of whack with your hormones, one of those might be an indicator.

Maybe you're asexual? Do you ever feel attraction to or arousement for anyone, not necessarily people you meet, but maybe a movie scene or an attractive model? Or do you feel these things, and your concern is romantic attraction?
>>
>>18218308
Hypergamy. Inability to get Chad or whoever seemed shiny a while ago. Future cat lady. But at least you have an interesting thread image -- it reminds me of an acid trip or a Lovecraft novel. Alternative forms of life.
>>
>>18218308

I was the same way. Had my "last" crush when I was twelve and thought that was it then. I was wrong. None of the guys I met just were interesting to me that way, until I met my current bf when I was 26 and we've been together for two years now. Guess I was just picky, but I was incapable of forming crushes on people who didn't feel 'right' emotionally or logically. Either my head or my heart got in the way, until I met someone who was the best for me all-round.
>>
29 year old guy here. I only had 3 crushes in my life. These where at 16, 18 and 28.

I find most women physically attractive but it is the personality that determines if I am attracted to someone and it has only been those 3.
>>
>>18218465
Love is great, but the mating drive that people confuse with 'love' is bullshit that lasts a year or two tops.
You seem to think the latter is what you should be aiming for - that it would be a great loss to miss out on - but it's bullshit. Love people for their character, not your hormones.
>>
>>18218809
You're projecting.
>>
>>18218910
Which part, exactly?
Are you saying you're in a relationship where the infatuation phase lasted more than two years?
Perhaps you're picking up the contempt I have for it tho, that it's a high ultimately worth as much as a heroin high.
>>
>>18218366

So you're expecting to fall in love at first sight?
Chances are it won't work out even if it ever happens to you because you're going to be a complete clinger. I should know. I finally found someone at 33. But maybe the one you find won't be married.
>>
>>18218308
Good. I am very attracted to emotionally distant people.
>>
>>18218308
Guy here, OP. I feel the same. Plenty of girls into me, not really into them and just treat them like acquaintances.

I don't really mind for the most part until I have the lucid moments wondering if I'll ever find anyone I actually like or if I'll just settle for one of these people I can stand being around the most but not actually liking.
But I doubt I'd be the only person so I guess that thought is comforting.
>>
>>18218308
You said farther down that you've liked guys before that didn't like you back. This tells me there's probably guys who liked you that you ignored and dismissed for whatever reason, and nowadays you're simply not letting yourself like anyone because you feel like you're just setting yourself up to be rejected. "I don't have a crush on anyone" is some defense mechanism, it's what you tell yourself to feel better about the fact that you fear deep down you could not have the guys you desired, even if you tried.

That's my two cents, it may or may not be accurate. I'm a guy in the same boat and it's what I'm starting to think is the real issue. Women I would crush on are out of reach so I just deny my feelings for them and stay single, but if I'm not actively trying to date anyone I'll never have what I want either way so yeah...
>>
>>18218366
What are you saying? Because none of the guys you crushed on also crushed back, you never dated?

That whole "both enamoured" idea is rarer than rare.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.