[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 years old and I've come acrossed the money to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
I'm 23 years old and I've come acrossed the money to get myself a college education, but I have no clue where to start. What do?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>18217501
Well, what do you find yourself reading about in your free time? What is your current job, and do you like it?
>>
>>18217501
what kind of career field are you interested in? that's a possible first step

another first step is searching for local community colleges and 4 year state universities you're interesting in transferring to.
>>
>>18217501
Start out by taking stock of what you actually like and are interested in. Then take steps to actually try them out to see if they might develop into a passion.

I'd consider taking classes at cheap community colleges first, just early on, to try stuff out without having to pay out of the ass like in a larger university.

Try and keep an open mind about it. I hated art when i was young, tried an art class when i was 22, now im an illustrator.
>>
File: 1489205293833.png (654KB, 692x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489205293833.png
654KB, 692x600px
>>18217501
>I've come acrossed the money to get myself a college education
where can i come across that kind of money?

>what do?
get a degree that can actually get you a well paying job. if you plan on getting a shitty degree, then don't go, unless you have a job lined up or you want to teach
>>
>>18217547
>get a degree that can actually get you a well paying job. Then realize that well paying and fulfilling or enjoyable aren't the same thing and then realize that you have to work most of your life and you've chosen something you dont care about for the rest of your life and now your going to kill yourself.

Im kidding a little, many people are lucky to have a job that can keep them alive at all, but if he has the money he might as well try for something fullfilling.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 736x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 736x488px
Well. I make 13 an hour as a manager at DQ. I've been offered a promotion to 14 an hour with 6 hours of overtime a week. In Indiana the cost of living is very low so that's not too bad. But I wanna be able to take care of my mom when I'm older sink need more money. I told them to give me a week to decide on the promotion. I'll probably end up switching to some sort of management in a business one day, but from what I understand business degrees are useless so I don't know what to do. And. I've been saving money for awhile and I got money from my fathers passing.
>>
File: 1491966323012.jpg (45KB, 512x549px) Image search: [Google]
1491966323012.jpg
45KB, 512x549px
>>18217558
>something fullfilling.

Getting a job you kinda like and being able to pay off all your bills, necessities, insurance, your children's education, retirement, and still having money left over to enjoy life (get hobbies, travel, buy quality items, etc), can also very fulfilling, don't you think? Most jobs suck. might as well do something that pays

it's hard to be passionate about a field when nobody cares about it and you're working at Starbucks/making 30k/year, or calling yourself a "freelancer" (unemployed) ,working to make ends meet
>>
>>18217575
ofcourse your right. I was simply saying that we ignore things we actually are interested in because we worry about the money and perhaps that's not always wise.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.