[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the whole "electronic communication"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: texting.png (83KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
texting.png
83KB, 640x960px
Redpill me on the whole "electronic communication" meme, /adv/
If someone doesn't respond to a message, is it ever appropriate/not creepy to send a follow up message?
>be person a
>person a meets person b
>ask person b if want to hang with person a sometime
>no response
>(extensive time later)
>moar free time
>person a looking to kill time and do something
is it ok for person a to ask person b if they want to hang... again.... or is that kind of stalkerish? Is an ignored message always an indication of disinterest?
both persons straight and of same sex.
>>
>>18217237
I go through paranoia about this shit a lot. My solution is to stop worrying so much.

If people wanna spend time with you, they'll come to you.

Brother it's 2017. We can talk to anyone from anywhere at any goddamn time. If someone is ignoring your texts, it's most likely NOT because they have no time, or their phone died blah blah. It's likely because they don't wanna fucking talk.

Sad, but true. Such is life.
>>
>>18217237
There is nothing to tell. We call it
>ghosting
>ignoring
>radio silence
Just send her message on X. Then X + 10 minutes, X + 30 minutes, X + 12 hours and then you can safely assume she is ignoring you on purpouse.

Cheers.
>>
File: shrug.png (80KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
80KB, 560x407px
>>18217253
I figured as much, but just wanted to see if I'm being too critical of the situation.
It's strange, though, because I thought we kind of bonded. I guess not.
>>
>>18217237

>be person A
>person A meets person B

why are you complicating this story? literally just say
>met a girl
>ask if they want to hang sometime
>no response
>thinking of asking them again

stop over complicating shit. if that OP pic is you, no, dont try to contact them, but if they just ignored and you said nothing stupid, sure message them, whats the worse that can happen?
>>
File: notagirl.jpg (34KB, 624x540px) Image search: [Google]
notagirl.jpg
34KB, 624x540px
>>18217292
nah, first text was something like "i'm about to go fishing, do you want to tag along?" no response. initial pic of thread is just how i feel when i text multiple times with no response (for anybody)
>>
>>18217237
>Is an ignored message always an indication of disinterest?

Yes, and especially without any followup.
>>
>>18217303

then just say 'hey how have you been?'

if you want to be a little manipulative say 'hey, who is this?' they are way more likely to respond because they will be upset that you didn't remember them.
>>
>If someone doesn't respond to a message, is it ever appropriate/not creepy to send a follow up message?
Not really, if they want to spend time to you they'll respond. Even if they were busy or something they'd at least tell you that they couldn't hang out because *reason*.

If they didn't respond they're either not interested or they didn't see the message, which seems quite unlikely since kids these days check their phones and social media accounts every 5 minutes. Or maybe they're having some big issues in their lives they can't even put on pause for 10 seconds to offer you a response, but that's very unlikely. And even if that's the case sending another message won't accomplish anything.

If someone doesn't respond assume they're not interested and move on. If they couldn't respond for some other reason it's their job to come back at you, not yours to pester them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.