[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an unspoken agreement when partners move in together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: moving-boxes.jpg (33KB, 514x342px) Image search: [Google]
moving-boxes.jpg
33KB, 514x342px
Is there an unspoken agreement when partners move in together that 'this is how we will live from now on'?
I'm moving in with my gf soon but for me this isn't 'it', I'd like to move in with her (in a new place to rent) cause it's super convenient for both of us right now, but I'm worried about giving the vibe that I'm gonna always want to live with her. I like my space, and something also tells me this certainly won't be 'the' relationship.
It's one that I'd have thought just talking about it would solve, but god damn it's almost impossible to put it into words without being a huge cunt. Any /adv/?
>>
>>18216494

dont move in with her. the fact that 'common law' exists should tell you how seriously people take moving in together. you dont move in together thinking 'yeah one day we'll break up'. thats just too complicated to handle with a shared living arrangement.
>>
>>18216494
Pure wow op. So you are afraid of her being in love with you? Sounds like fear of commitment.

COMUNICATION. Tell her that you are moving with her because reasons.

Or are you afraid she will break up with you when she realizes you dont actually love her? Tough luck op.

Also be wary of common law in retarded cucked countries like canada here
>>18216507
You can lose half your shit even without marriage :-)
>>
Don't do this to her. It's not fair. It's happening to me right now, and I feel completely blindsided. I feel ruined.
>>
>>18216527
Like you moved together with your bf and some time later he break up with you, but still lives with you?

Wow, we males sure can be horrible sometimes. What did you do?
>>
>>18216532

>implying a woman has never done this
>implying break ups are one sided
>>
>>18216494
Don't. If you're not ready to potentially be marrying someone, you shouldn't be moving in with them unless it's explicitly as roommates. Also, why are you wasting your time in a relationship that you don't think is "the one"? How old are you, anon? I think you've got some serious growing up to do
>>
You can move in with her op.
Don't say anything about it.
>>
>>18216547

>not enjoying something while it lasts

seriously whats wrong with dating someone who isn't 'the one'. just because someones not 'perfect' they're not dateable? not every date is a commitment for marriage dude.
>>
>>18216559
leave the NEET be
>>
>>18216532
Less that he decided to break up with me, more that he has decided he's going to move out without me to a different city that I can't afford to live in, effectively ending our relationship. We still have a few months on the lease, and can't afford to break it, so it's just tense and awkward and I don't want to be around him at all.
>>
In my opinion, no. Living together has practical benefits and allows you to get to know each other better. In fact many couples split because they cannot handle the reality of their partner 24/7.

If anything you seriously dating a girl you know you are going to end it with sooner or later is crossing a line to me. I mean, it happens all the time so from that perspective you aren't some complete out of the ordinary douche, but I'm sure you would feel pretty miffed if you were madly in love with a woman and found out that she actually knew for some time that she was just biding her time and was never going to marry you or raise a family with you like you were looking forward to.
>>
File: Unknown-3.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-3.png
8KB, 300x300px
>>18216641
This only applies if there's no communication or if the other person doesn't know.

That's why people designate whether a relationship is 'serious' or not when talking about their SO.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.