[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about reducing my emotional attachments to people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1489259237863.jpg (24KB, 480x361px)
1489259237863.jpg
24KB, 480x361px
How would I go about reducing my emotional attachments to people?
I've always been the super affectionate guy to give people hugs and comfort them and shit like that because I legitimately do care about them, but it's starting to fuck with my life. whenever I get in a relationship I develop a super strong attachment to the girl really really fast, and not because I'm trying to rush her for sex or anything like that, I have zero problem waiting, but because I enjoy the company of people that I care about and idk, I become dependent on them super early on in the relationship to return the love (for lack of a better word) I give them, and then they stop talking to me and my life just falls apart because I get too attached too early on. Am I just a bitch, or are any of you also extra affectionate with similar issues?
>>
How old are you and how many relationships with women have you been through?
>>
20, 3 girls, all my age.
>>
>>18215205
Alright, we're basically the same in that regard aside from a few years. I felt like i got in too deep with the first girl, but i kept myself emotionally distant with the 2nd two and made them feel like shit. So i dont really know what the fuck im doing either, but i do think that beating yourself up over a bitch is stupid. I can relate though, its a horrible feel.
>>
>>18215212
The tldr of my situation is a girl liked me and we got really close, went to her house made out and made her my GF because we both really liked eachother quite a lot, and then two days later she just stopped talking to me and I've been super upset about it. She seems just fine but I've been falling apart because I really like her and I know that she likes me, so yeah, I've been a fucking mess for the past week and I hate the feeling. Constant anxiety especially at times when I know she's on her phone just not responding to my messages, fuck me, not much of a tldr
>>
>>18215232
Eh. If you really sit down and dissect it the only reason youre feeling destroyed is because you expected some pussy to come and now you arent getting it. You didnt make some soulmate connection after knowing her for that short of a time. Shes an immature person, doesnt know how to have a conversation and just ghosted you which is AWFUL. But still man, you can crush pussy if you try, you got this girl to that point you can do it again.
>>
>>18215232
>>18215240

I'm in a situation with the guy above.

I'm with this girl for nearly six years. We became close friends, having casual conversations to deep ones.

But sometimes I get confused by her actions. She will ask me for a stroll then cancels on the last minute, will sound energetic and outgoing then suddenly will ignore me.

I dunno what's wrong but it baffles me, especially I really got attached to her. What should I do ?
>>
>>18215268
I dont know, you seem like a foreigner judging by your english, so your country may have different customs. Have you tried throwing acid on her face?
>>
I am 25, and I am the exact same way. I keep blowing every potential relationship by coming on too strong and being too emotional vulnerable. I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>18215272
Try to seem less needy. If you genuinely desire that love every time, supress it and push it deep inside while you play the cool, confident guy. Women want a dude that is more emotionally stable than them. Once you get laid and stop putting women on a golden pedestal youll chill out with that crap.
>>
>>18215277

I've been laid, I was in a very long-term relationship about a year ago and since then been trying to relearn all this dating shit.

You sound like an amalgamation of shitty online redpill 'alpha male' dating advice, which generally comes from 19-22 year old wannabe Chads. I was looking for real advice.
>>
>>18215289
Your problem is "womem run away because i come off as needy and unstable". What advice do you expect? If you immediately get to name calling when someone offers you their perspective then you obviously havent accepted what's going on.
>>
>>18215270
Nah. Throwing an acid to her face is a big no-no, besides what would I gain from that? Why you even think I should do that? KEK

>inb4 I live in a country where women are treated as tools.
>>
>>18215299
Unfortunately women arent treated as tools in our countries. But in my opinion it sounds like you got really deeply friendzoned by this chick. Do you want to fuck her? Or youre simply okay as friends?
>>
>>18215304
>Get realy friendzoned
You think so?

I think I'm already in love with that person so fucking is not what I desire the most.

Do you think I should cut communication with her already? Like deleting her number and anything else?

Waiting for her to talk to me again makes me feel miserable.

She said she's waiting for the guy she likes but she wants that guy to have somebody else or just lay her intentions to her already, like she's in a hurry.

I dunno if she's just playing the waters or what. She sounds sweet today then become like a stone tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like I'm a reserve if anything goes wrong.
Am I the wrong here for being attached or her?
>>
>>18215304
>>18215331

Being with friends is not bad either. I just want to find a way to remove my feelings for that person. As I said, being attached makes me feel miserable.
>>
>>18215331
Look man. You love her, you have sexual thoughts about her, and thats not what the relationship is. So youll always be frustrated with this situation. You can either tell her how you feel, or take your path and cut her out because of her 6 years of bullshit. I say try the first option and be prepared to fail, either way you cant let this shit continue.
>>
>>18215339
>You love her and you have sexual thoughts about her, that's not what relationship is

I am curious, what do you mean by this?

Also, I have sexual thoughts about other women but not with her. I find it cringey just to imagine her being nude in front of me. I can say, what I feel is a deep concern about her, like if she is okay or not, what she's been doing right now.

But you sound right on the part that I should tell her what I feel and put an end to this long long chase.
>>
>>18215407
Ok so youre in some weird emotional but not sexual relationship, like you see her as a little sister? What would be your ideal relationship with her if you cant imagine sex?
>>
>>18215410
Yep! I treat her as my own little sister and my very own best friend. She's the only person I can tell my honest feelings with (well except for my feelings for her).

As for ideal relationship... well just like what we have in past few months, we're comfortable and open to each other - not hiding something hideous, not cheating. But I want to put it to another level and build a family with her - that of course is in the near future, given that both of us are still alive.

Recently, she just seemed to be distant and plastic. Few words with some reply that seems obligatory.
>>
>>18215420
So you do want to have sex? Look man, you gotta make that shit happen. You have a chance. So lay it out on the table. Be honest, believe in what you say, and dont expect her to say yes or no. Just say it to get it off your chest, be prepared to drift away if she says she doesnt feel the same way.
>>
>>18215426
Hahaha you're a funny guy. I told you I don't like sex, but now you keep mentioning about it that I'm starting to like the idea. But still that's not my priority, we can still have children by adopting right?

By the way, thanks for your reply, I'm quite encouraged by this. I will tell it to her once we meet again, and be prepared for the consequences.

Thanks mate, may God bless you.
>>
>>18215456
I guess it takes one to know one. Good luck.
>>
>>18215277
Op here, I do put them on a pedestal, partially because I thought they liked that, and partially because I love to show them how much I care about them. I thought girls were into that sort of shit too, was I just wrong there? I never understood how being douchebaggy would work in winning a girl's heart, which leads into my next issue, I had her, we were together, and then poof, borderline ghost. I know she sees my texts and snaps and w/e but just isn't responding to them.
>>
>>18216208
Stop trying to give people what they want and just be honest. Your girlfriend should be one of your best friends. So treat her like a friend and just flirt a little.

Also maybe get more friends and more hobbies. Clingy people are usually lonely and lonely people are usually satisfied with themselves.
>>
>>18216382
I am clingy and I am lonely, try not to show it though, my initial question in the thread is essentially how do make myself less clingy and less emotionally dependant on others, because it sucks and it hurts.
>>
>>18216452
Find a user and get burned.
Worked for me, I used to be overly generous with people but now I know boundaries and how to be an asshole as needed.
>>
>>18216479
>Find a user and get burned
I don't follow
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.