[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a non-tenured professor is doing semi-blatantly incredibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 9826875.png (19KB, 252x224px) Image search: [Google]
9826875.png
19KB, 252x224px
If a non-tenured professor is doing semi-blatantly incredibly corrupt stuff, is it worth reporting them to student services?

In the past, a professor I knew would humiliate me and get classmates to stalk and threaten me for her personal amusement. She was the psychopathic pseudo-feminist type.

I live in another state now.
My dad told me it'd be pointless to report her because the entire school system is corrupt anyways and student services is probably working with her.
He also it can be somewhat dangerous considering how corrupt she is she might get revenge but seems unlikely as I live in another state far away.

I have enough evidence against her I almost guarantee I can get her in trouble and probably even make her lose her job (assuming they aren't also corrupt)
I also feel like I have moral obligation to report her, as well as person revenge driving me.

Opinions?
>>
>>18214940
Nothing a school shooting couldn't fix.
>>
>>18214961
This. We havent had a good one on years.
>>
>>18214940
It's worth it if you strongly believe that she will do this kind of thing to someone else, otherwise you have no idea what connections the Uni she is in has with a uni you may be in at the moment
>>
>>18214975
>It's worth it if you strongly believe that she will do this kind of thing to someone else
She defiantly will.

She literally cucks her husband with frats and talks shit about him during class claiming "he isn't a real man" and "people never change".
She also treated many other people in the class unfairly, just simply focused on me because I showed my powerlevel accidentally and I was naive.

>you have no idea what connections the Uni she is in has with a uni you may be in at the moment
I'm not in any college at all. I dropped out after this happened. Never enrolling back in that one. May or may not enroll in any college at all.
>>
>>18214940
You need to be specific. If you are planning to go to the school with some bullshit that wont stick then you can be sued for slander. After all this is her career and rumors can damage her reputation even if they are true. What do you have and what are you claiming? You are most likely not the first person to report her and she could take you to the cleaners.
>>
>>18215014
>you can be sued for slander
I'm reporting her to student services, not the police, so this doesn't count right?

I'm unsure if I should type out the entire story since it was a year-long class after all.
>>
>>18214940
Report her for sure. Make sure you explain to who ever you are reporting her to that student services are working with her and the entire school is corrupt and that she is controlling fellow students and getting them to stalk and harass you for her amusement
>>
File: 9826850.png (24KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
9826850.png
24KB, 259x224px
>>18214940
>>18215014
>>18215079
I guess people are misunderstanding so I'll try to clarify:

I don't know if the school or student services is corrupt or not. I don't know them at all.
I want to report my teacher TO student services, not the police since that's messy legal stuff
If the student services is corrupt or ineffectual, then of course it isn't worth it and may be detrimental, like my father believes, however I don't think they are.

My ex-teacher is the corrupt one.
>>
>>18215100
don't take this the wrong way but you sound schizophrenic
>>
>>18215110
I'm not. That would imply I hear voices or see things that do not exist.

I just never had to report anybody before because I'm pretty meek and don't dig into people's secrets so I have no idea whether or not I'm doing the smart thing.
I just found somebody who was unbelievably corrupt and have no idea what's the intelligent way to approach it.
>>
>>18215023
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defamation-law-made-simple-29718.html
You are backwards. Being wrong when you talk to law inforcement isnt defamation because you have whats called privilege. Being wrong when you talk to someones hr equivalent would be defamation because you are directly impacting their reputation on untrue information.
>>
>>18215376
So does that mean what I'm doing is extremely dangerous?
>>
>>18214966
Live stream it
>>
>>18215518
Only if you cant prove it. If she has people on her side willing to lie then you are at a disadvantage. All she would need to prove that you defamed her is results from the investigation being negative. You are attacking her tenure chances which would be a lot of money she could claim. It would be wiser to make a police report.
>>
>>18215695
There's no way I'm making a police report because I know for a fact the police are going to do nothing.

So what am I supposed to do then. Just forget she even exists? Should I try to report anonymously however the fuck that's possible?
>>
What EXACTLY did she do that you have this proof of? Sounds like you were a weirdo who nobody liked, got picked on, and now is out for blood because your life sucks and you can't let stuff go.
>>
I think if you have enough evidence it's worth it. Consider a legal route rather than an in-school route if you really think they are that bad. That wouldn't necessarily involve the police.

How is her standing within department? How is yours? Even if she not tenured if she is some big name they might not react as you would hope. If you are seen negatively for some reason that might put damper on things
>>
>>18214996
What kind of thing are we talking about? If this is response to you being a /pol/tard this almost certainly will not go well through university channels. Talk to a lawyer.
>>
>>18215943
Fuck off normalfaggot
>>
>>18215934
Still file a police report. If you report it to the school and they do nothing then that's further evidence if you end up suing the school and you could get some serious $$$$. Also if they do nothing then you just need to use social media against them and then you won't have to worry about getting in trouble or anything.

Just make sure you have proof first.
>>
>>18214940
Professor (not yours) writing here.

I have to begin by admitting that I find your account difficult to believe. The most neurotic or disturbed colleagues I've ever known have not gotten involved in recruiting students to threaten and stalk someone. That sounds just a bit too paranoid to be believed.

But let us say that what you say is true, or mainly true. The proper route to take is not student services, who have no authority over her. Report her to the chair of her department or the dean of her college, who do.

But be sure of this: your charges will have to be a LOT more specific and documented than the vague accusations in your post. You will have to cite specific times, dates and incidents, and name the people involved, for you to be believed.

And that's not because the people you report to are corrupt - your assumption of that is another thing that limits your credibility as an objective reporter of events. In fact, the university, the department and all the faculty have a very strong vested interest in getting rid of the "bad apples" to protect their own professional standing. But your accusation has to be detailed and documented in order to keep it from sounding like paranoia - which is unfortunately what it sounds like now.

If you're right, and she is that evil, and you can prove it, go after her. If some of this is your emotions and sense of victimhood speaking, you won't be able to make a convincing case.
>>
>>18215943
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
If she was really that bad, I think you should report her even if it's useless, because in the future she may be reported by other people. Then there'll be mounting evidence.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.