[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never, ever come to /adv/, but I'm in a moral conundrum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: socrates.jpg (21KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
21KB, 500x199px
I never, ever come to /adv/, but I'm in a moral conundrum that's really confusing me.

I was on-and-off with the girl of my dreams for the past year, let's call her Em. I was so unbelievably attracted to every single aspect about her, and she told me that she felt the same for me. The problem was, she was really bad at communicating. We're both in college, but she's an athlete, so she's really busy. I tried my best to change for her, and to support her as much as I could, and to work around her schedule, but she never really made an effort to make time for me. When we did hang out, it was amazing. We could laugh, and be serious, and we could just stare into each others eyes for hours on end. The sex was great, we had a really good connection, all her friends loved me, and she told me all the time how much she appreciated my support. But we just couldn't spend enough time together, and it was basically like we had a long distance relationship even though we lived 10 minutes away. The worst part was, her defense was just that she didn't have time, which I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but her three teammate roommates all have working relationships. If she really wanted to make our relationship work, she could have.

So I had to let Em go. And it sucked because I did everything that I thought would be result in her appreciating me enough to really try and reciprocate, but she never did. This was last fall.

Around the time after we broke up, before college winter break, I met this new girl, let's call her Daisy. She's really into me, she's a sweetheart, and she really cares. I'm attracted to her, but not as much. We just don't have that same connection that me and Em have. Our sex is great, but Daisy is really horny, and sometimes it's burdensome when I just want to hang out. I've taken her out, and she's met my friends, but I wouldn't say we're dating, more like advanced hooking-up.
>>
>>18214537
Cont'd

Em started texting me again this spring, she really missed me, and everything I did for her, and we started talking again. She slowly built up my trust again, and I started to believe she wanted to change. She would throw little questions my way like "Do you think your parents would like me?" or "Are you talking to anyone else right now?" She even acknowledged that she treated me wrong last year. So I finally tried to schedule time for us to hangout, and then when the time came she blew me off again, which wasn't a big deal, but she proceeded to ghost me over text about it, not even acknowledging that she blew me off, and I told her that I wasn't putting myself through it again, and told her that I need to completely move on. I cut all communications with her.

But I realized something, I treat Daisy like Em treated me. I know that I'm not that into Daisy, and that I don't really want to enter a relationship with her, but she's so supportive and wonderful to me, that it's hard to push her away. She is everything that I wanted Em to be to me. But yet I still find myself craving Em. I'm super busy with work right now, and I tell Daisy that I can't hangout, because even though I could if I really wanted to, it would stretch me too thin. And I've been on the other side of that with Em, being the person that is trying so hard to make things work, but getting nothing in return.

I just don't know what to do. I'm in love with Em, I have been for while, but I know that she's not in love with me. I know I need to try and move on from Em, but I don't know if getting the attention I wanted from Daisy is the right thing to do. I feel like Daisy is falling in love with me, but I don't want to put her through the same shit Em put me through. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18214537
Any suggestions, anons?
>>
File: Stopped reading there.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
Stopped reading there.png
72KB, 250x272px
>Some shit about a girl

Tell her the same thing you told us. Just be open and honest about your feelings and intentions.
>>
It sounds like you like Daisy but you know you don't love her. Break up with her.

If you want to try it with Em go for it, but she clearly doesn't like you as much as you like her. You said yourself she likes what you did for her.
>>
>>18214589
The problem with Daisy, is that I tried to tell her exactly that. I tried to tell her that I'm not looking for a relationship, because I don't have time, and I just got out of a shitty one, but her answer to that is just: I'll wait for you.

She says that she's perfectly fine being sidelined until I'm ready, even if that never comes. She doesn't have the best self confidence, and she's been hurt by dudes who just want to bang her and never call her again before. She's willing to be treated poorly (even though unintentionally) rather than be alone. How do I break up with her if she won't accept it? The summer is coming up, and she has an internship across the country, so I'm thinking that's the time to tell her that we should stop talking.

>>18214609
I've tried it with Em 3 times. First time was like a month at school and then an actual long distance thing over the summer, which ended in disaster. Second time was last fall, where she was in season, we never spent time together, and I had to end it. And then this time we didn't even get started before she treated me bad again.

And it's not just like she only appreciates the things I do for her, she appreciates me, I know she does, cause she shows it when we hang out, we just never hang out...
>>
>>18214632
If she only appreciates you when you hang out and you never hang out she doesn't appreciate you.

As for the other girl, be firm. You want to break up, she has to deal with it. You do not love her. Think of any main character forcing their pet to run away for safety.
>>
>>18214651
Yeah you're right, I know she doesn't appreciate me. That's why I ended it before I even got it started again. But why am I still so attracted to her, and not attracted to the girl that does actually appreciate me, and treats me well.

And I know Em is gonna start texting me later on this summer, I don't want to get dragged in again, but I also don't wanna be mean. What do I say in that situation? "I still don't want to talk to you?". It's just so hard turning someone you love away, even if it is for your own benefit.
>>
>>18214632
I don't think you have a chance with Em, it seems as if she's lost interest or is doing what you're doing to Daisy. I think that you should forget about Em, she didn't treat you right so get rid of her. If you truly feel like you and Daisy shouldn't happen, then break up with her. If not I'd say stay with her as she sounds loyal and trustworthy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.