[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start mindfuly meditating? I don't want to be on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1483633682148.jpg (3KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1483633682148.jpg
3KB, 276x183px
How do I start mindfuly meditating? I don't want to be on some beginner course/app, I just want to jump right into it.

I've tried it a few times. Are you just supposed to focus on your breath and try to think of nothin?
>>
>how do i play in the NFL?
>i dont want to play locally, i just want to jump straight into it
>>
>>18214333

>how do I play an instrument?
>i dont want to take lessons, i just want to jump right into it.
>>
>how do i become a painter?
>i dont want to do some beginner art class, i want to jump right into it.
>>
>>18214337
>>18214340
>>18214341

I just meant that I want to try learning it through just doing it and not have to do the guided shit through apps/websites

Is that really that big of a jump?
>>
>>18214349

>i just meant i wanted to become a musician, an artist, and an NFL player without having to learn the basics

yes, that is a jump anon. you're literally asking how to get itno mindful meditating. which means you need to learn. which means, BEGINNER COURSE.

if there was some magic button that opened your third eye you wouldn't really have apps and beginner courses.

the whole point of meditation is to take your time, to not rush. and you're trying to do the opposite.
>>
>>18214382
Okay fine what beginner courses do you reccomend
>>
>>18214399

dunno, i did meditation in highschool who had a teacher who guided us;
>>
>Are you just supposed to focus on your breath and try to think of nothin?
Yes. Well kind of. Thoughts will pop up inevitably, you just don't want to follow them and keep focus on breathing and keeping a correct posture.
>>18214337
>>18214340
>>18214341
As these anons suggested, it is a skill that you develop through practice. At first you'll probably be unable to keep focus at all, then you'll start reaching that moment of void for an instant, and eventually it'll start being a second, a minute, and so on.
With consistent practice.

Shall I also suggest one little practice method, which is just meditating for roughly one minute and no more. Whether you are standing, sitting, or lying, just relax, close your eyes, and try to focus on your breath. You can do this any time during the day and it is good practice.

Also a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PkrhH-bkpk
>>
>>18214427
Of course, I forgot to mention, you should have a main meditation session every day. Best time is probably right after you wake up. I do it before I go to sleep however.
>>
If you actually want a serious answer, I've been doing daily meditation for 2 years. It depends on what school of meditation you want to focus on, but for the most part and to not overly complicate things for the beginners, try to focus on the sensation of breath entering and leaving your nose. When you notice that your mind has wandered from your breath, mentally and non-judgementaly say "Ah ha my mind has wandered from my breath!" and bring your awarness to the sensation of your breath. Keep this up for 10 minutes and repeat daily for the rest of your life. If you get discouraged in the beginning, know it took me about 2 months of daily practice to realize why the hell I was actually doing this.
>>
>>18214445
To add to this, don't overly complicate the whole practice. Meditation is supposed to be extremely simple.
>>
>>18214427
>>18214445
>>18214454

Thank-you. I'm going to start practicing tonight.
>>
>>18214427
>Thoughts will pop up inevitably, you just don't want to follow them and keep focus on breathing and keeping a correct posture.

I don't usually meditate, but am pretty sure if you're "focusing" on something you're already doing it wrong.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.