[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm asking here because I grew up with 4chan and I respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ap899106915807.jpg (20KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ap899106915807.jpg
20KB, 620x350px
I'm asking here because I grew up with 4chan and I respect your lack of bullshit.

I'm trying to decide on a biology phd program. I'm choosing between stanford biosciences, berkeley mcb, and ucsf tetrad.

I just want a good biotech job. I'd rather hang myself than go the academia route.

Will one of these schools be a lot more valuable for getting a good job?
>>
>>18214029
I can't tell you that since I don't know but I can tell you that if you go to berkeley, not only will you be surrounded by the worst liberals in all of the nation, any opportunity you get from there will most likely be filled with the same sort.

I've known good men and women who go to berkeley perfectly normal and fine individuals and come out completely illogical and liberal as fuck. I swear it's some sort of brainwashing college.

I'm not sure about the other 2 with regards to that but Stanford is, as you know, very well respected so I can't see you going wrong with that one unless one of the other is specifically well known for your particular field of study.
>>
>>18214029
Search job market in your target area. Ask all corporation you would like to work in for a job. Ask them if they want you already and if not, what kind of education they prefer the most.

Tldr: ask your future employers, not /adv/.
>>
>>18214029
>I grew up with 4chan and I respect your lack of bullshit.

So easy to spot redditors.
>>
>>18214029
I'm an undergrad at berkeley, can contest this. There's a pretty sizable population of completely normal, logical people here, both undergrad and graduate. There's a coalition of the people you're talking about, but they are almost entirely humanities or poli sci majors. A good 90 percent of the STEM population does not give a shit about our school's insane political views.

That said, still an undergrad and I've only interacted with a handful of grad students, so grain of salt I guess.
>>
>>18214444
Meant to quote
>>18214166
>>
>>18214166
>>18214444

I actually did undergrad at Berkeley, so I know what's there.

I'm a racist republican, so it is unpleasant for me. Unfortunately all of academia is pretty liberal, so it's not that huge a factor in my decision.

>>18214438

Yeah whatever.

>>18214431

I don't really have anyone to ask though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.