[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, my bf and I are having a ridiculous argument about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Hey /adv/, my bf and I are having a ridiculous argument about semantics. We were playing twenty questions and I asked if his subject was "made to contain things". He said "in a manner of speaking". His subject was a FUCKING trash can.

So now we're arguing about whether a trash can is made to contain things. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks.
>>
>>18212839

yes, a garbage can is made to contain trash, he should have said yes. that being said, you are a woman, so you are probably wrong, perhaps even lying about being semantic-raped.

please divorce before you shit up the board any further.
>>
>>18212839
I can't believe I'm going to get drawn into this horse shit....

If not to contain things, what the fuck is the purpose of a trash can? Can your piece of shit, lying boyfriend answer that?

You know what, fuck it, I don't care. Break up with that stupid, dishonest, piece of human waste right now. Seriously. Right now. He is the lowest form of humanity, and his mere existence makes the world a worse place for everyone else, and he deserves to die alone.
>>
>>18212839

you must nev er break up with him. Your boyfriend is human scum, the worst of the worst, the kind of man who's children will be the end of our society.

but no one else will realize this OP. you are in a unique position, the only way to stop him from destroying our world as we know it, is to stay with him until the day he dies, and simply never bear him a child.

do it for earth OP.
>>
>>18212839
A garbage can isn't where you 'put' things, it's where you chuck them away.
>>
>>18212846
I WAS FUCKING SEMANTIC-RAPED. THANK YOU. I KNEW IT.

>>18212849
His argument was "you chuck trash into it", it was not made to contain it.

>>18212861
No probs. We agreed on no kids ever.

>>18212862
You sound like my boyfriend.
>>
>>18212865

its made to contain the trash you chuck into it.
>>
>>18212865
>you chuck trash into it

Tell your boyfriend to do the world a favor and go throw himself into a wood chipper. I wish nothing but pain and suffering on him for the rest of his life. Leave him now before his stupid infects another human being.
>>
>>18212885

>chuck himself into a wood chipper

fix'd.
>>
I mean a trash can does contain things, but only for a limited period of time, at times a trash can will be empty, even if it's purpose is to contain trash, but it wasn't necessarily made to contain things, some people have empty trash cans all the time, depends what kind of trash can we're talking about. But in a manner of speaking trash aren't "things" it's trash. If you say "made to contain things" that's way to vague, a lot of things were made to contain things, bottles, cans, plates, in fact most house items were made to contain "things" so you gave a vague answer your bf gave a vague reply.
>>
>>18212875
That was my counterargument.

>>18212885
>>18212888
Lollery; I've linked him the thread!
>>
>>18212875

but ... contain has two distinct meanings.

to hold within, which I can see OP's view but also, garbage isn't really held within a garbage can. It's inside it yes, but not actually held inside it. For example, you would say that a box contains a prize but once opened, that prize is now inside, but not ... contained.

to restrain, interestingly more suitable in some ways since a garbage can does stop garbage from flowing over but still, barely in context.

It's also worth noting that her question was if a garbage can was "made to contain things". If she'd asked if it was "manufactured to contain things", maybe. but I don't think that the garbage can is being forced to contain things ... so, it's possible, though unlikely, that her boyfriend is autistic as fuck and technically correct.
>>
>>18212901

what? opening the box doesn't stop it from containing anything.
>>
>>18212907
>what? opening the box doesn't stop it from containing anything.

well ... that depends.

to contain implies that it's within (as opposed to inside). So, when the box is open, the contents are inside. When it's closed, the contents are contained.
>>
Aww cute a lovers quarrel.
Your bf is a moron and a poor sport.
Trash is a thing (its obviously not a person or place) that a trash can was made to contain.
Just like milk is contained in a milk carton. Just because it might become empty, that doesn't mean it wasn't designed to contain it
>>
>arguing with mental children
Never understood why men argue with women. You wouldnt argue with a 5 year old
>>
>>18212911

no. no it doesnt.
>>
File: EricTumbles.gif (1024KB, 227x158px) Image search: [Google]
EricTumbles.gif
1024KB, 227x158px
Your boyfriend is a poor sport who is trying to cheat to win for some reason. Google "waste container" and make him organize and clean your shoes. And he's got to buy the leather cleaner.

He's also a goddam faggot.
>>
>>18212918
>no. no it doesnt.

hey ... i'm not saying her boyfriend is right, i'm just saying that there are different interpretations to the same words.
>>
File: 20170411_104045.png (247KB, 1080x1304px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_104045.png
247KB, 1080x1304px
>>18212901
Here u go
>>
>>18212897
Thanks for your comment. The game itself requires us to ask broad questions before we are able to narrow the subject down and ask more specific questions. I showed my boyfriend this reply and he said thank you for agreeing with him, but now I feel like we're going to argue about whether trash are things. UGH.

My boyfriend just hit me back with "THINGS CAN MEAN ANYTHING. IT'S A COMPLETE NON ARGUMENT. YOU CAN SAY A PENCIL IS MADE TO CONTAIN THINGS, IT CONTAINS GRAPHITE. WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF FUCK ARGUMENT IS THIS, THE FUCK OUT OF HERE."

>>18212901
Very interesting perspective. I appreciate this comment, it's my favorite so far haha.
>>
>>18212930

just this. just this.
>>
>>18212930
You're doing god's work. Thank you times a million, hahaha
>>
File: 20170411_104712.png (165KB, 1058x1638px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_104712.png
165KB, 1058x1638px
Just for extra measure. I sure hope your garbage doesn't have a mind of its own..
>>
>>18212839
its made for shooting at you fucking dense cunt
its secondary purpose is too contain things
I can tell youre a fucking chore to be around
whenever you have some trivial fucking problem you come to 4chan to bitch about your boyfriend behind his back
youre a trash can and you deserve to be domestically abused
>>
>>18212951
>behind his back
He's right here. Read the thread.
>>
>>18212931
Haha what a fucking spaz. He needs to learn to admit he was wrong.
>>
>>18212917
this
>>
>>18212839
Trolling is an art form. And your boyfriend has masted it. Keep him forever.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.