[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried to get into IT but im shoehorned into Nutritional science.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1469796800750.jpg (4KB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469796800750.jpg
4KB, 193x200px
Tried to get into IT but im shoehorned into Nutritional science. Should i kill myself now? Im only 19 years old i feel like it would be a waste but im prepared
>>
I worked under some clinical nutritionists in a hospital- they get paid well and enjoy their jobs. I think it's a better choice desu.
>>
>>18212187
Nutritional science is good. It's also continuosly improving and hell, you'll get to develop or researching lots about human and animals foods. Play your card right and you'll get hired in lots of places.
Trust me, I'm selling scientific instruments to labs and factories, and those nutritional white coat guy got paid really well.

IT is kinda saturated atm and lots of jobs in IT field been filled by cheap labors from third world countries.
You'll get to use computer yes, but unless you're willing to specialize your fields like into network, database, cisco, you got shit customer service techie jobs teaching old people or being a code monkey.
>>
>>18212197
>>18212209
So you're saying I should be celebrating instead of loading the 12 gauge? I don't think I can do anything other than a desk job though. Im pretty autistic.
>>
>>18212211
I urge you to look at the bright side, man.
If i's not your calling is it too late to change the course? Or just finish and graduate it, but pursue any desk job you might like later.

I was IT guy before I'm selling instruments, and I can say it's not full time desk job and you'll still have to face or do customer service-y stuffs to others unless you're working with complex networking stuffs. But even back then, when I'm not doing what most people would say leet hacker stuff, I spend my time got called by seniors in my workplace to help them with pdf files, or lots more things about tech stuff they could easily do themselves, but instead they say "eh, there's an IT guy here why bother learning".
>>
>>18212187
Get an education you can be.

I don't know if you can be a nutritionist.
>>
>>18212187
>Tried to get into IT

IT is broad, what specifically in IT do you want to do?
>>
IT? So like networking/system admin? If so, get a help desk job full time, get certs for networking and work up to a network admin job or system admin. Help desk sucks, but with no experience and shit, you got to start at $11 an hr...beats retail or sales though. I've never done help desk though, I know people who do/did.

I advise you go to school part time at night for a degree, people do this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.