[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was the super smart guy who rose his hand first and answered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: james_jean.gif (2MB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
james_jean.gif
2MB, 450x608px
So I was the super smart guy who rose his hand first and answered everything right as a kid and studied hard but then one day I got beat up and bullied and verbally abused to the point where I became somewhat of a mute, I also had a shitty family that didn't help with the bullying, so after three years of that shit, I never put my hand up again and procrastinated to avoid being perceived as the smart guy. Relating to this, I would never again appear early, do things early, and only do tasks on the day of or minutes to hours before the task was due; not only on schoolwork, but jobs, favors, promises, etc.

I failed high school because of this bad habit and I'm on the verge of failing community college, like I attempt to turn in something early or do something early, I get body shivers and I get severe depression.

I do not want to see a psychiatrist or take any medication that would effect me negatively on the long term, what can I do to overcome this bad habit? From some sort of step by step incremental process of removing it to to an interesting self-help book is some good advice I might need.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>18211634
>I got beat up and bullied and verbally abused

You need to talk about your trauma in a supportive setting.

>what can I do to overcome this bad habit?

Bodybuild.

Spend time with a dog when you feel apathetic.

Set a schedule for yourself with incremental work goals.
>>
>I have a problem, but I don't want to do any of the best 3 things to solve it
Yeah, you're not actually looking for an answer. Just more excuses about why you're a shitlord.

Justifying your laziness with a bullshit childhood trauma is what women do in a Lifetime movie. I'm sure you have a pair of testicles between your legs, so act like it. Get your shit done.
>>
>>18211730
I already lift and I can't afford a dog and my schedule is shit, I think I'm just fucked in life.
>>18211748
I'm not lazy I work two jobs and have to pay for "my own" shared one bedroom apartment, "lol just do it", nice fucking advice.
>>
>>18211634

Boy, what are you going to do when I tell you those kids were mean to you because they were jealous and insecure? They were from fucked up homes, and didn't have the capabilities to be as intelligent as you.

You know how some types of people say shit like "I <3 HATERS"

Take that mentality to heart. Do you, and fuck what other people think. Keep your eye on your success. Don't let anything stand in your way.
>>
>>18211773
>I can support myself by working 2 shit jobs while making zero effort towards improving myself
Yeah, I'm sure you really have it all together.
>>
>>18211773
>I can't afford a dog
You should find some way to take care of a dog, even try being a dog walker.

>my schedule is shit

That is the thing you can fix. Buy a daily planner and fill it out, in person, with someone who cares about you.

>>18211773
>I think I'm just fucked in life.

No, other people have it worse than you. You need less self-pity and more pity from friends and family.
>>
This board is awful, I might as well just ask reddit.
Bye.
>>
>>18211797
>I'd rather have a hugbox than answers
It feels so good to be right. People are such dumb, lazy shitheads.
>>
>>18211797
You probably should have told us the part about having two jobs.

Eat better. You sound like the type of person who spends too much money on takeout.
>>
>>18211797
You were looking for /r9k/, not /adv/. This board is for getting actual advice that may not be what you want to hear. You were looking for a hugbox and validation for your whining, that's what /r9k/ is for.
>>
>>18211914
>this board
>actual advice

LOL, funniest joke I've read all day thanks anon.
>>
>>18211914
I think he just wanted a step by step plan or book to help him with his problems.

OP you can just google "how to get rid of bad habits" or something, wikihow is a pretty generic but helpful site that helps you do tasks and solve issues.

Also don't take meds, and psychiatrists are scammers (most of them). Most anxiety and anti depressants fuck your libido and brain/neurotransmitters so don't take them.
>>
>>18211921
Don't knock it. Yes you will get a lot of trash but there are also people here who know what they are talking about, depending on the subject.
>>
>>18211634
>I do not want to see a psychiatrist
Why? Seeing one is the best way to overcome a trauma.
>>
>>18212029
Yeah thanks for the advice, real advice, I think I may just see a psychiatrist when I have the time, still unsure.

Maybe I am just lazy or don't have the mental stamina to stop delaying things and procrastinating.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.