[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop going on 4chan? I've recently realized that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1491618953396.jpg (166KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
1491618953396.jpg
166KB, 864x864px
How do I stop going on 4chan?

I've recently realized that 4chan eats up almost all of my time. I go on it right when I wake up, when I'm working, when I come home, and before I go to sleep. How do I stop?

Ive realized that I don't enjoy the time I spend here and that I will never wish I spent more time on this website.
>>
>>18211171
You have find something else to occupy the time you spend on 4chan.

Get in a morning routine where you shit/shower/shave but don't get on your phone or computer. Find a book or something to read if you sit down to eat.

When you come home, do other things like exercise or read or watch a film that isn't total fluff.

What you need in your life is content and stimulus, and you are going to get it somewhere. You have to replace 4chan with more fulfilling content. You can decide for yourself what that is, it's your life
>>
File: 1446784678143.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446784678143.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>18211171
Realize you aren't wasting time on this website to begin with.

You are attracted to wholeheartedly-free forum and discussion of thought and current events and culture. You just enjoy being able to speak what is on your mind without the fear of reprieve. It is a normal human condition to socialize, be it with anonymous strangers.

But you do it with moderation. Time management and task prioritization is what separates successful people and those who aren't.
>>
>>18211210
No it is a total waste of time. I never learn anything from this shithole.
>>
>>18211215
Read the first post. Find something else to occupy your time. Read a book, nigger
>>
>>18211220
I've developed psuedo-adhd from this website. I can't stay focused enough to read books.
>>
>>18211171
Just accept that this is your life now. I spend 12+ hours a day on this piece of shit site, once you reach that point there's no going back.
>>
File: 1476575864570.jpg (62KB, 501x356px) Image search: [Google]
1476575864570.jpg
62KB, 501x356px
>>18211215
It is not.

Perhaps you browse bad sections or only seem to interest yourself in topics that are truly a waste of time

>and there are a shitload of those threads that are a waste of time

Discussion and study of philosophy should never be forgotten in human society. Otherwise we fall prey to our own faults and shortcomings. We have to be smart enough to research and keep improving upon what we know and one way to do that is with discussion with other people to make way for progress.

But like I mentioned before; you have to do it with moderation. You gotta set time aside for everything else, otherwise IT IS a waste of time since you just sit on your ass here all day everyday. This website has its usefulness, but it quickly evaporates if you don't use it for its intended purpose; discussion with others but in due and smart moderation of time with time management.
>>
>>18211232
"Discussion and philosophy" is better done on other websites, not anime imageboards.
>>
This board isn't your problem. Don't pretend like it is. You can leave if you want, nothing in your life will change.
>>
>>18211222
You know you have to work if you want to change.
Sit down and read a page at a time if that's what you can do.

Watch a classic movie. Go for a walk or a hike in the evening.

The possibilities are endless. Search google for activities or parks in your area. Think for yourself.

You picked ONE thing from my post and made an excuse. Look at your self defeating mentality and come to terms with it.
>>
>>18211245
This. This board will remain.

He just doesn't know how to manage time and blames this website. If you don't nip it at the bud, he'll just move on to something else unhealthy to occupy time. Like videogames, or food or TV.
>>
>>18211171
Are you that canadian poster on /int/?
>>
>>18211260
Maybe ...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.