[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30+ people, tell me how you dealt with entering into the thirties.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Midlife-crisis-sign.jpg (152KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Midlife-crisis-sign.jpg
152KB, 500x334px
30+ people, tell me how you dealt with entering into the thirties.

What did you do? How did you overcome this? By 'this' I mean the feeling of having the life wasted, all the friends in their own ways far from you, facing the possibility of having kids, etc.
>>
File: elcantante.jpg (19KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
elcantante.jpg
19KB, 250x358px
mfw people still believe in a myth call midlife crisis. Just live your life, fuck everyone's old fashioned suggestions like when you're gonna start a family and don't fall in traditional bullshit they'll tell you like why you're still single, why you are still a gamer and you should stop watching MTV and start watching CNN and Fox News. Thanks to millenials those traditional stereotypes will die.
>>
>>18211441
Same here. My 30th is in May and I don't get the entire fascination. Everyone is asking me what crazy midlife party am I planning and I'm like "meh, whatevs, lol."
>>
>Midlife crisis begins during the 50's

>Quarterlife crisis begins at 25

30somethings are in their quarterlife crisis.
>>
bumperino
>>
How did I deal?

>have a kid at 24
>be a Taoist
>not be a materialist

Boom! Handled!
>>
>>18210173
>I mean the feeling of having the life wasted

omg, this is the first time in months that I haven't wanted to rage against an OP in /adv/!

so here's my answer ...

there's a moment, usually in your early thirties when you realize everything you've believed in prior to that moment was bullshit.

School, career, family, all bullshit.

You literally wake up, like in the Matrix and realize that you've spent every day of your life doing shit for some reason, other than your own and suddenly you have no idea what the fuck you're meant to be doing with your life.

Here's my answer (after years of therapy, and a failed marriage). Just enjoy life. Get rid of your TV, start being physically active, and stop caring what "society" says or thinks. Seriously, make a list of ten places in the world you want to go, ten foods you'd like to eat, ten women you'd like to kiss, and stop worrying about what anybody ... absolutely anybody, other than you thinks.

When I turned 30, I decided to learn to suck dick. Now, here's the thing, I'm straight (in before fag comments) but I seriously had never done it, and decided to try something new. So I thought ... what could be more new than sucking a dick? Turns out, it wasn't for me, but now I know. When I turned 35, I backpacked in Asia. Turns out btw, I don't have yellow fever at all. For 37, I lived in Peru for a year. At 38 I crewed to Austraila on a sailboat.

Point is, when I'm 75? I get to look back and know that I did everything in my life that I wanted to do, and fuck the rest.
>>
>>18210173
Well, I just sort of woke up one day, and I was 30. I proceeded to go to work, and live my life exactly the same way I had the year before, because NOTHING had changed. Except there was cake. The cake was nice.
>>
ITT: Millenial asking Gen X for advice

Heh heh

True answers are:
Don't be a douche
Don't sell out
>>
>>18212571
>True answers are:
>Don't be a douche
>Don't sell out

lol, i love this! spot on.
>>
>>18210173

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkazr8M-n4
>>
File: images (22).jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>18212578
>>
I still remember when I turned 30. My hair got gray, I gained a lot of weight, I started needing a cane to walk, and my penis wouldn't function anymore. Knowing my life is over, being a walking dead.

Oh wait, that didn't happen. My 30s have been the best fucking time of my life. I can do so many things I never could in my 20s and truly enjoy life. I can do anything I want. I can do more partying, traveling, sex, you name it, than I ever could in my 20s.

If you're not a basement-dwelling NEET, embrace your 30s. It will be your best and most fun decade.
>>
>>18212571
Spoken like a true gen xer raised on green day and Kevin Spacey movies.
>>
>>18212685
>raised on green day
Sorry what?
>>
>>18212571
>Don't sell out
nigga....
>>
>>18212708
>>raised on green day
>Sorry what?

Green Day? It's a band, but the poster is confusing them with one that Gen x'ers would have been raised by. They're like a less successful U2, or so I'm told.
>>
>>18212727
I know what Green Day is, they are literally the definition of douchey sellouts.
Hence my confusion.
>>
>>18210173

if relationships are the most meaningful thing in life, why didn't you pursue them?

its almost as if they ARENT, and now that everyones settling down with people they will inevitably divorce, you are feeling left out and acting like your entire life is wasted.

the best way to deal with being over 30 is to act like you're over 30, not like a 14 year old who didn't get invited to a birthday party.

live life on your own terms and do what you want. to say you wasted your life is doing your self a disservice.
>>
>>18212672
This. Turning 30 was the best thing that ever happened to me. Have lain more than twice as many girls in past three years as I did from 18-29

It's Freedom, the decade
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.