[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have experience with either >1. A neglectful father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: depression.jpg (40KB, 827x549px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
40KB, 827x549px
If you have experience with either
>1. A neglectful father who ruined your social self esteem
>2. An overcontrolling mother who made you deathly afraid of failure and not being able to do work
>3. Self harm
>4. Bipolar disorder
>5. PTSD

Then please reply either with a question or advice regarding any of the topics, and I will try to answer your question, or try to learn from the advice you have to give. Inquisitive questions are also ok. To create a better order in the comments, please mention which point fronting the reply with a number. Thank you and have a nice day.
>>
Usually nobody responds to me, but I'm trying anyway. Maybe I just need to vent. I'm probanly doing it wrong, sorry.

>1
Neglectful, yes. I think he cared, but he couldn't show it. He wasn't a bad man. Still he never supported me in anything and never even really talked to me.
>2
Not controlling. Too coddling. Didn't set any boundaries at all, so I still have problems respecting other's boundaries.
>3
When I was a teenager, yes. It didn't feel good at all, like many say. I needed it to feel bad. Everything was going too well and I didn't feel like I didn't deserve it. I felt like hurting myself would be what I deserved. I still do it, but nowadays I only burn myself with boiling water etc.
>4
I was actually diagnosed bipolar 2. Funnily enough, I'm an artist. I take lots of medication to be even able to function, but I'm glad to have them.
>5
Oddly enough, when I was a child, someone held a knife to my throat and threatened to kill me. He didn't even want money, he just did it for fun. Since that day I'm really afraid of what humans can do. Before the medication I could never sleep more than two hours, flashbacks of this and several other minor events (phone terror etc.) haven't made life easier.

Seems like I really needed to went.
Well, my advice would be, if you're bipolar, take your medication, even if you don't want to. It might end up saving your life.

And my question would be: how do you connect to other people?
>>
>>18210013
Nevermind the typos please, I'm really tired. Will be going to bed now, maybe someone will even respond, that would make my day
>>
>>18210013
I sure hope you're still here. I was at the gym.

>1
Same here. Guy's got aspergers probably.
>2
Interesting, I guess I sometimes have some fo the same issues.
>3
Hmmmmm.. it's an outlet for me. I loved it. I'm 20 now, did it mostly when I was 19.
>4
Glad to have what? The feelings? The medication? I'm type 1 and I hate it too, but I guess it gives me 'special powers'.
>5
Phone terror? Please do tell.

That's good advice, I try to make sure to follow it as often as I can.

Very... hard. I know a lot of people, a lot of people know me.. but the emotional part is often not there. I have a few friends I really care deeply about, I have my moments of caring, I've been in love like once (that failed not of my own fault but because of some accidents, she like(s)d me too but something came in between). It's really, really tough and my life is something very surreal.
>>
>>18209917
>1. Yes.
>2. Yes.
>3. Yes, after a fashion.
>4. Nope.
>5. Not anymore.

Angry, neglectful, abusive dad, beaten, clingy mom, had to fight for everything. Fought too much sometimes.

Solution for me was to find a way to channel all that rage and frustration. Martial arts and fitness worked great. Helped me get past the fear and nightmares of the beating, helped me feel more secure, helped me quit picking fights just to feel like a man... It helps. Would help you too.
>>
>>18210326
>angry abusive dad
>gets into fights
>first thought upon leaving was to learn how to beat people's ass
How does it feel to know you're going to grow up to beat your kid too?

I'd ask you not to reproduce, but you will, because the worst people always do, so they can pass on their shit genes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.