[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to feel like you hate your SO? Like I love him but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mwm.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mwm.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
Is it normal to feel like you hate your SO? Like I love him but also I hate him because of the way he's acting but it's not like normal hate feelings it's like "I hate you, why won't you just hug me or something"
>>
>>18209310
Love is a very strong emotion, it isn't all "nice feelings." You want & expect a LOT from him now, and you feel disappointed when you don't get what you want
>>
>>18209310
Seems normal to me.

Although, I'm an emotional train wreck though, so maybe my view point is a bit off.
>>
>>18209310

Well, it sure sounds like you've got some relationship problems. I don't think it's normal per se to hate your partner, but it's normal in long term relationship to encounter difficulties and feel other emotions than just love. Have you tried talking about this with your SO? You don't have to tell that you "hate" him, but addressing the reasons that make you feel this way could help you two sort it out. Who knows, maybe he's struggling with similar feelings, but doesn't know what to do about it. Communicate.
>>
>>18209333

I dunno it's not really hate just the only thing I can compare it to. also him not talking is why I'm upset in the first place but he has lots of stuff going on so I understand but I still feel awful being ignored so much and Im not sure what I'm supposed to do
>>
It's usually a sign of being dissatisfied.
>>
>>18209310
Have you tried hugging him first?
Or telling him you love him but something is bothering you?
God forbid we communicate!
>>
I wouldn't say it's normal. I don't really hate anybody, let alone the person who I'm in a relationship with. Occasionally I'll be mildly annoyed with him, but it never even crosses over to dislike.

Perhaps there are more issues in your relationship than you have realised, and when he does something wrong, it triggers you to feel how you actually feel about the bigger issue. Try working out what exactly makes you hate him and talk to him about it.

Is hating people a regular thing for you, or is it just your boyfriend who you hate?
>>
>>18209561
I regret saying hate when I made this thread, Im just very upset over the situation we're in. Basically he has some very serious family issues going on which I really am trying to understand but he's ignoring me for days now and barely said anything for awhile before. He has said he is thinkng about breaking up with me but he thinks it's just because he's stressed, so I can't really say how upset I really am because it would be selfish and make him more stressed. I am trying really hard but him ignoring me makes me want to lash out so he will acknowledge I exist. I'm prone to being really paranoid and randomly getting way too upset over small things
>>
Men aren't psychic. None of us are. If you need a hug, go over there and hug him first. We are dense as fuck sometimes and require a gentle hand to guide us forward.

Hate is a really strong word. I doubt you actually feel the for your SO, likely just confusion. Talk to him, and keep him what you need.
Sometimes being straight forward with your partner is best, communicate for fucks sake. Sure it's not romantic, but having him listen to you is just as if not more important.

Don't always expect us to look at your pouty face and know exactly what you want from us. We get easily confused.
"does she want space? "Does she want me ask her 'how's she's doing?'"
Maybe he's got some shit going on as well and can't give you as much attention. Be supportive and make it easier by just moving things yourself. Don't be passive. If he cares about you he will listen to you and will appreciate you being direct at times.

Communication.

>>18209349
As cliché as it sounds, maybe give him space. Or just right out ask if he's okay and what you do to help. Make yourself available to him if needed. At the same time if space is needed, try to focus on some things you would enjoy for a bit. Sharpen your toolset and work on a hobby, or just relax.

It sucks to be left to hang for bit sometimes but if you care about each other and support each other, shit will work out as long as you listen and support each other. When time and space is needed just be there for each other and focus on yourself for a bit.

Being strong by yourselves helps to make you both stronger together.
>>
>>18209585
Try to relax. Just let him know that you're there for him and that he should take the time he needs to handle what he needs to.
Be confident in your bond. Even if he doesn't talk to you or see you for a bit.
Don't fuck up like I did. It may be projecting, but if I can help others avoid the hell I caused myself I welcome it.

I got overly needy, and made things worse by lashing out how I did. The paranoia sucks, it eats at you from the inside and causes your head to go into hypermode. You think some of the worse shit about each other and then you open your mouth, you say something you can't take back. The moment you say it, you know you fucked up.

Try to relax, when you feel this way, do something else. Read, play vidya, go outside and take a short walk to cool your mind. Don't let your insecurities ruin something that you will miss forever.

It sucks, but you need to simply learn that sometimes they can't show us the attention and love that we ask for. That for us to show that we love them, we sometimes have to back off for a bit.

Control your mind, or have it ruin your heart.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.