[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I supposed to value? Intelligence: genetics. Looks:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1445292479544.jpg (576KB, 1279x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1445292479544.jpg
576KB, 1279x1697px
What am I supposed to value?
Intelligence: genetics.
Looks: genetics.
Past achievements: pushed by family.
Future achievements: based off a system made by everyone else.

All future class grades: determination(somewhat valuable) & intelligence(genetics)

Common motif: work smarter not harder.

Be the best at something: boils down to genetics.

What am I suppose to aim for if I'm utterly average and severely depressed?
Even if I was the best at something: was it really up to me to be that good at it?
>>
>>18207415
You give value to the wrong things. It doesn't matter your abilities, it matters what you do. You want to value something that does not add value to you unless used.
Also, you don't need to do what you are good at, you just need to do something and never lose your will. That will, you can value, that will you should aim in having.
>>
File: 1417760347822.gif (150KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1417760347822.gif
150KB, 245x320px
>>18207415
Have you noticed how those are all ideas you've chosen to believe in and how none of them are actual reasons to dislike yourself, even in the case they're true?
>>
>>18207505
>Just have unbreakable will
I love how superhuman traits are just simple things others think you can pick up because you feel like it
>>
>>18207415
congrats, you just realised there's nothing more to life than biology tells us.

So just follow what biology tells you and try to maximize your happiness (which is done well by making the others happy, thanks to mirror neuron system)

This, plus the genetics only tells you about your possibilities, not actuality. So you must work hard to make your genetics come true.
>>
>>18207415
>Intelligence: genetics.
NO. There is no study establishing this. There are a *few* studies that establish a correlation between the two, but that's all.

>Looks: genetics.
Sort of. Surgery has come a *looooooong* way over the past few years.

>Be the best at something: boils down to genetics.
Again, no, dilligence means more than genetics at that point unless you're talking about athletic pursuits.
>>
That image is basically "How to be a know-it-all asshole: The Guide"
>>
>>18207415
>Intelligence: genetics.
>Looks: genetics.
Only partially. You can be born with great IQ and good metabolism but if you don't read and work out, you will still look average at best and be of below average intelligence sooner or later.

>Past achievements: pushed by family.
Because there are no shitty families who do the opposite?

>Future achievements: based off a system made by everyone else.
Yet if two people start with similar basics, one can end up as a billionaire changing the world and another as a maid changing diapers for this guy.
>>
>value

honesty
respect
transparency
commitment
consistency
empathy
>>
>>18207747
This.
More morality & virtues, less objective bullshit.
Objectives are meaningless in the end- the sun'll eat the earth one day & even in the best-case scenario, entropy claims all.
Objective values are ultimately pointless.
Just as pointless as your own subjective feelings.
So live according to them- do things that make you & others feel good & have better lives. Not much else better to do than that.
>>
>>18207792
Literally everything is subjective.
>>
>>18207858
That there crosses the Practicality vs Philosophicalbullshit line.
>>
>>18207884
Not really. If I stuck some electrodes into your visual cortex and started making you see colors, you'd pretty quickly see how much of a slave you are to your meat body when it comes to perception. Is that kind of view useful? Not really, but is it philosophy bullshit? Not really, it's mostly mechanics.
>>
>>18207899
And unless you're walking around with electrodes in your cortex, it makes no difference.
There's an objective world which we perceive, and our meat bodies have been fine-tuned over eons of evolution to register highly-accurate interpretations of those perceptions.
Are they perfect?
No.
But they're accurate enough to trust as true unless we have reason to believe otherwise or are working in such fine resolution/quirky scenarios that our meat bodies fail us.

Saying 'everything is subjective' may be technically true (except it isn't) but it has 0 meaning in our lives & amounts to fruitless mental masturbation.
>>
>>18207962
I just deleted two paragraphs of pseudophilosophical shit that was all technically true but had little to do with anything. You're right. Carry on. I'm tired. Peace.
>>
>>18207987
ok anon I know that feel, have a good one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.