[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a aspiring artist who really wants to do web comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: n7wj7jee.jpg (108KB, 495x377px) Image search: [Google]
n7wj7jee.jpg
108KB, 495x377px
I'm a aspiring artist who really wants to do web comics later on in life.
That doesn't seem like a reasonable/respectable career path though so I thought I would make compromises by pursuing a trade first.

Then I could have a reliable source of income that can support my hobby (hopefully profession if its successful). However I'm just kinda worried ill loose sight of my dreams and end up working as a plumber or some shit the rest of my life.

Would a art career (graphic designer/tattoo artist) be more wise or should I just grow the fuck up and forget about it?
>>
>>18207096

>would an art career be more wise or i should i grow the fuck up and forget about it?

neither. your first instinct was the correct one. have your trade ready but be prepared to only ever have art be your hobby.

the real issue is whether or not you want a family / kids.
>>
>>18207109
alright then that's reassuring some artist where telling me it was a death sentence. I'm fine with it being a "hobby" but I obviously have high hopes for it. A family would be neat but I'm still a virgin and I don't have much desire to be a dad you know? Making stories that really resonate with people like spider man,berserk,watchmen etc seems much more fulfilling personally
>>
>>18207154
There are few fathers who would contest the claim that being a dad is the most fulfilling aspect of their life.

From what I've gathered, becoming a dad is the most life changing experience there is, and nothing shifts your perspective and dreams more. I wouldn't want to rule out such an experience yet

But I'm not a father, that's just the answer I've gotten from the fathers i've asked (like 4 or 5)
>>
>>18207174
I'll stay open to the idea but I still feel like having kids can completely cannibalize any other ambitions. Akira Toriyamas a good example of somebody that didn't let that happen but that's also because being a comic artist was his only source of income. That's a privileged I don't have but I guess if you truly want something you can make time for it. Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>18207174

women like to say the same thing before they even give birth. im not saying it can't be a fulfilling thing, but you'll see a lot of men who seemed just that flee from it once it happens.

truth is, its just like anything else in the world, but if you're stuck with something you are often going to dramatize it to be the most important thing to feel better about it, the same way an artist might say that being an artist is the most fulfilling thing, its simply whats in front of them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.