[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad insists on me joining a frat but those types of people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 712892.jpg (38KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
712892.jpg
38KB, 1024x768px
My dad insists on me joining a frat but those types of people usually hate my guts
What do
>>
Frats are much more varied these days, not everyone of them is filled with FRATBRO type guys like the movies would have you believe. But if you can't handle banter don't do it.
>>
>>18206954
Being in a frat should be your choice, not someone else's. Personally I would never join one and I'm pretty opposed to them as a whole, but I do understand why people do. If you don't feel like you're the frat type, then don't join one. Granted frats are different all over America, so if you're even considering it you should look into the frat at the school you're going to specifically. See the type of people there. Then decide.
>>
>>18206954
Don't join one by someone else's will. Join clubs instead.
>>
>>18206954
Do it
Your dad is right

The point of college is to leave your comfort zone
You can't be an anime watching basement dweller forever
>>
>those types of people hate me

Wahhh, poor little baby is oppressed by the evil chads. You realize that you sound like the protagonist of a nickelodeon after school special, right?
>>
You should go to the fraternity rush. See all the frats and Bros. If you still aren't interested, don't do it. It's your own life, not your dads. And you can make plenty of friends and have new experiences from living in the dorms and joining clubs
>>
I'd say try it. If you turn out to like it, fine. If you don't great. Just make sure to actually get into a social circle of some kind with at least 2 clubs. Colleges tend to be cliquey as fuck unless you are out of your mind or sell pot.
>>
I was in a weird frat at a small school.

It was a blast just make sure you focus on school first and ignore all the sanctimonious bullshit older brothers will talk about. Youre there to make friends and have fun. The people that care too much are the ones working at geico with nothing else to boast about.

T. Ex frat pres
>>
>>18206954
>what do
Join a frat house, duuhhhhh
>>
>>18207478
>Youre there to make friends and have fun
And to spend money to do it for some reason. You'd think you could make friends and have fun without paying people to go along with it, but whatever.
>>
>>18207985
the money comes back to you, at least in my opinion

youre paying for a house to party in, alcohol, stuff like that. The money doesnt just dissapear
>>
>>18208060
Must vary college to college. At my uni, the alcohol was stuff I wouldn't pay for and you could get into parties easily without being in a frat. I figured what you pay for was having sorority girls pressured into having to sleep with you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.