[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do i stop procrastinating and just get shit DONE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: eli-manning.jpg (49KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
eli-manning.jpg
49KB, 1200x675px
how the fuck do i stop procrastinating and just get shit DONE? im 22 and basically sit my lazy ass at home on the internet. how the fuck do I light a fire under my ass to start getting things accomplished?
>>
>>18206102
It helps if people know what you're doing. I did the same shit when I was 20, and until I actually got out, saw some people face to face (specifically signing up for martial arts lessons and committing to it), letting family know you're happy about being active again. Just gotta try new things. Don't wait for the iron to heat, etc.
>>
>mfw I'm in the same boat as OP but I'm 25 and all the gay ass motivational speaks on the internet never help
>>
>>18206102
>>18206150
You want the answer to motivation?

Go do something right now. Go for a walk. Just a quick walk around the neighborhood, won't take 10 minutes. Do it right fucking now. Don't wait around to see what's happening in your other threads, don't wait for your podcast to finish, go. You have to do things NOW or they never get done.
>>
File: IMG_6943.jpg (1MB, 2571x3600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6943.jpg
1MB, 2571x3600px
>>18206102
Get someone to nag you until you do shit

My gf and I are always in each other's asses about classwork. Dont be dependent on them though.
>>
>>18206102
>sit my lazy ass at home on the internet
https://getcoldturkey.com/

Install that.
>>
>>18206152
I've done this shit thousands of times bro, but I always fall back to my old routines.

>YEAH I FEEL GREAT NOW'S THE TIME FOR CHANGE
>HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND FOR SO LONG?
>couple of days later and reality sets in
>>
i'm in the same boat op, i'm 23, i have stuff to finish for tomorrow but i just sit here doing nothing
>>
>>18206177
Well then don't stop, fuckface. Commit to something.

Part of the reason I used signing up for Jiu Jutsu was that I was spending $600 on the gym, and whether I showed up on time or not, that money was gone, so I had strong motivation to get out of the house and go to classes.
>>
>>18206190
>Well then don't stop, fuckface. Commit to something.

You think I don't know that myself already?

>commit to something
That's part of the generic advice I was talking about. It doesn't work on me.
Sometimes I just feel like I could take on the entire world, and then the next day I feel like the exact opposite.

At this point I'm starting to think I'm bipolar or something.
>>
>>18206213
>That's part of the generic advice I was talking about. It doesn't work on me.
That's why you gotta commit your money man. Once cash is on the line, it gets a fuck of a lot easier.
>>
>>18206213
Buy a calendar. At the start of every week fill it with shit to do. Make sure you get it done every week, make a game out of it. If you're some kind of faggot reward yourself at the end of the week for getting it all done.

Do this for a few months and then you will have started developing discipline. Fuck motivation, that shit's for woman and Facebook fags. Discipline is what it takes to get things done. Motivation is fleeting.
>>
>doing shit just for the sake of doing shit

is this a millennial thang?
>>
>>18206624
No, it's something literally every generation has done. Ever heard of literature? Poetry? Theatrics? Doing unnecessary shit is the hallmark of humanity.
>>
File: monalisa.jpg (636KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
monalisa.jpg
636KB, 2592x1944px
>>18206636
>Doing unnecessary shit is the hallmark of humanity.

Sounds worthwhile.
>>
>>18206102
1)dont smoke weed
2)dont smoke weed
3)just do it without any reasoning, don't think. brain will help you focus once you start
4)if all fail, snort adderall
>>
>>18206102
Have your parents kick your useless ass out. It's what worked for me, I was NEET at mummy's house til 24
>>
>>18206669

>smoking weed is reasonable, pharmaceuticals are a last ditch effort

I can attest to this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.