[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cut ties with my toxic NEET sister when she still lives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1863.png (17KB, 264x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1863.png
17KB, 264x175px
How do I cut ties with my toxic NEET sister when she still lives with mom and I'd still like to remain close to the rest of my family?
>>
>Using the word "toxic" unironically
No, Jim, you are the problem.
>>
>>18206097
second
>>
>>18206097
Well, if you prefer less neutral words, she's an abrasive, grating bitch.
>>
fug her and tell her u r the alpha

for the god sake, it's ur sister u dumb-ass treat her kindly with subtlety and be rational u dick.
>>
>>18206097
The motion carries.
>>
>>18206123
I DO treat her kindly. That way she only keeps tally of everything I've done imperfectly in life and judges me for everything and gives me anxiety. I'm about 90% sure mom doesn't believe most of what she tattles of me but that isn't an absolute guarantee.

She's not the type to treat others as she'd wish to be treated, but then again, she never does anything at all. No risk of screwing up, there.
>>
>>18206140
She is jealous of your success.

Ask her if she wants something from you. I bet you can get her into some job, give her some of your friends as bf. Make a deal with her in exchange for truce / peace.

If all fails, you have to ignore her. Put poker face everytime she does something. If she cant get any reaction from you, she will get eventually bored. Dont let her know how annoying she is for you. Minimize contact with her if you must.
>>
>>18206182
She's older than me (by 1,5 years but I was still always the screw-up she had to look after) so she'd never lower herself to accepting peanuts from me.

I can't get her into a job (even my job wouldn't take her if she'd deem it acceptable) and I have no friends nor enemies who'd either take or deserve her, not to speak of her settling for any of them.

She doesn't do it for reactions, that's just the way she exists. I'm sure when she's home alone by herself she's judging trees for swinging in the wind the wrong way.

How do I minimise contact with her while still keeping in contact with mom and the rest of the family? Telling her that I'll only come to grandma's for easter on the condition that my sister won't attend would just be needlessly cruel.
>>
>>18206208
So you are telling me she is basically a BITCH? And you are asking us how to deal with your own older sister? How have you dealt with her for so far?

There is no magical solution for bitching sister. She may be unhappy, jealous, crazy whatever. But unless she wants to deal with her problems, there is nothing for you to do.

So have you actually talked to her about why is she treating you like shit? That you want to change that? Is she capable of having a reasonable dialog? Or is she that kind of bitch which resorts to yelling and abuse when confronted with logic?

You know your sister more than adv.
>>
>>18206140
Then simply ignore her you idiot
>>
>>18206239
>a BITCH?
Not to be autistic but that's basically what "toxic" means.

I've dealt with her by doing my best to do the right thing and apologising when I screw up, but that only keeps her from throwing screaming tantrums and making my life hell.

She's just an inherently unpleasant and unlikeable person. I've told her she'd never tolerate someone treating her the way she treats everyone and she just scoffed and gave a really sarcastic "that's nice" before continuing to be a vicious cunt.

The few times mom has tried telling her she might have failed in raising her, she just throws a screaming fit tantrum because she's been humiliated

and then carries on being a bitch.
>>
>>18206258
She's a neet who lives with mom. I can't visit her ever because my sister's always home and I miss the dogs.
>>
>>18206266

So what? Ignore her. Don't acknowledge her existence at all when you visit. Don't even look in her general direction, and if your mom asks questions about her, you refer to her in past tense.
>>
>>18206273
That is NOT going to be possible.
>>
>>18206261
Well, have you ever tried to give her her own medicine?

Tell her she behaves so badly no man ever will want to stay with her longer than 5 minutes after sex. That she is so bad she cant even find a job. That she is so pathetic the only thing she enjoys is torturong people around her.

Who know, maybe you will make her cry. Just make sure she doesnt have easy access to kitchen knives before you insult her.
>>
>>18206087
Either distance yourself from your family or try to take your mom out for brunch once or twice, she is a neet so she will either be asleep or refuse to leave her room anyways
>>
>>18206278
She'll use her mental illness for a crutch.

She's ~*clinically depressed*~ and that's why she absolutely cannot get a job or leave the house or be nicer to people.

The fact that I've tried to kill myself three times and been to a mental ward twice and I'm still holding a flat and a job apparently means nothing.
>>
>>18206097
>>18206101
>>18206132
Neets here always get so touchy when you mention you have a neet family member you don't like
>>
>>18206319
>3x suicide attempt
Just wow. You are some nice family. Is your mom single mother? On /pol/ there are shills about how single mothers are destroying lives of their children.

Cut ties with her. No point trying. At least you arent complete failure like your sis.

Hang tight there OP. Dont ever try another suicide. You are better than that.
>>
>>18206140
That's pretty normal for beers
Since they are bored becuse they do nothing all day and since they hate their own lives and suffer stress because everything they do wrong they look for someone to start shit with
>>
>>18206335
Mom divorced dad when I was 14. He drank himself to death in under 5 years after that. I didn't mourn.

I think we would've been much better off if she would have left him sooner. She still refuses to aknowledge having any hand in having 2/2 of her kids being fucked up, blaming bad temper from dad's side.

The problem is I like my extended family. At least my favourite uncle and his wife, and my eldest cousin.
>>
>>18206350
It takes two people to argue
You know without a dobut she will start shit with you because she is older and doing considerably worse than you, she probably has your mom telling her why can't you be more like the brother and such and she has targeted you to unload her frustrations
Ignore her, know that you have won, know that after Easter you go back to having a life and she remains forever trapped in there childhood room in her childhood live dealing with the same problems she never fixed
Take pride in it, you clearly come from an awful place, you could have ended just like her but you didn't
Keep that in mind all the time while you are there, she is on your mind a couple days of the year, she is always mad at you
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.