[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have to talk to random people to make friends Let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pepe.png (88KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
88KB, 489x423px
>Have to talk to random people to make friends

Let's say I somehow do this, there are plenty of people at my uni. But something still confuses me - someone always has to be the one of two to start the conversation, right? But if I'm not the one to do it, I will never talk to a single person because nobody ever approaches me. I'm not particularly ugly, I don't smell, I wear okay clothes. But if I don't start the conversation nobody will start one with me.

Also there's another thing - how do I go from a normal conversation to being friends with somebody? When I go out of my way to tak to people and so on, but it never goes past that, how do I socialize out of these small conversations, get invited etc.? Fuck, I don't even want to have friends I'm just curious how it's done. Is it all done over facebook or something? And what do these people even do in their free time with each other?
>>
>>18205379
"Let's hangout sometime"
>>
>>18205381
What does that mean? Do what?
>>
Standing out. You need to seem interesting to the other party.

What kind of interests do you have? Why not try to join a group or club based on those?
>>
>>18205379
You need to interest the other person for them to start a convo. They need to have SOMETHING to say to you, and they need to WANT to talk to you.

People will always initiate conversation with me because I am a girl so they are inclined to talk to me.
I start conversations with boys sometimes, not based on attractiveness but rather on how they present themselves.
If they have a subtle keychain that's from an anime that I recognize, if their shirt is from a band I like, if there is a sticker on their laptop from a video game I've played, if they are wearing athletic gear for a team I root for. Movies, shows, similar hobbies, anything like that.

You also need to look approachable. If you look friendly and like you won't be weirded out by me talking to you.

Another important thing is that I need to think that you won't cling to me if I talk to you. In the past I've started a convo with guys who kinda gave me wierd vibes, and then they didn't leave me alone. It's like they wanted a BEST FRIENDSHIP with me and we had only just met. That is something you build up to, so don't come on too strong
>>
>>18205396
No, no. I don't think I want friends or anything like that. I have a lot of stuff I want to do on my own. I'm just want knowledge about how normal people socialize. How they go beyond random conversations to spending time together, meeting up, having a social circle. Tell me your secrets

what do you do
>>
Don't be autistic.
Do you people not watch shows or something? Every show has someone meeting someone else.
There are no secrets. Just be a normal person for once.
>>
>>18205413
I guess I don't really feel any incentive to try really hard to do that. I do the bare minimum to spend time pleasantly with people around me but why would I want to spend more time with them? What do they have to offer, or what do I?
I have my own hobbies and enjoy being on my own. That's why I ask, how people get to do stuff together and why would I want to do it too. Some things are simply a mystery to me.
>>
>>18205410
I'll break it down for you:

Step 1: meet lots of random people

Step 2: have lots of random conversations with random people

Step 3: have random conversations repetitively with someone you've met until you get to know them well enough to decide that you like them and wouldn't mind to spend more time together having random conversations

Step 4: suggest doing something together and if they've completed step 3, they'll probably agree to it

Step 5: repeat step 4 regularly to maintain good relations with the person until you can consider them a friend

It's really that simple. A social circle is achieved by completing these steps with various people and by integrating friends of friends into your own friend circle as well. It's obviously easier to befriend people you have something in common with (hobbies, studies, job, friends, sense of humour, etc), because conversations come easier and it's more likely that both will want to spend time together.
>>
>>18205439
Oh. But why would I want to do it? Why not just stay at home and make music instead or w/e?
>>
>>18205435
If you don't want to hang out with people and essentially get to know them and become their friends that's fine, but don't come to us asking for a special code or a ritual as if you're not actively avoiding doing the one thing you're asking us how to do.
>>
>>18205446

Because some people enjoy social interaction and shared activities. It offers variation to staying home doing stuff alone. Other people can offer different viewpoints, opinions, experiences, etc. If you've got a friend who does extreme sports, he might invite you to try them out with you. Or if you've got a friend with a great sense of humour, he could make any event more fun. Or a friend who likes to go out and drink on weekend offers someone to go drink out with. Yeah, you could stay at home and do whatever for a weekend, but if you've got a few friends who encourage you to try different stuff, it's more likely that you'll do something you wouldn't have otherwise done. Keeps things interesting, basically.
>>
>>18205379
>How do I go from a normal discussion to being friends?

That just happens.
If you feel comfortable and can think up of random topics to talk about with a guy, and he also manages to come up with some, that's it, you have the "chemistry" to be friends. It's completely random, one of my best friends is a guy that seems to know half the world, has a gf, does sports, tge perfect normie, while I am a permavirgin that spends all his nights fapping to 2D girls from some taiwanese cartoon, yet every day we see each other and talk about anything that comes to our minds, from politics to "how comes that when we go to shit we also have to pee but not vice versa?"
>>
>>18205453
Honestly I'm only avoiding it now because I haven't even considered to do it before and eventually got frustrated. I did want to get to know people once, however due to how socially clueless I am I never spend time with people outside of school/uni etc. - I had only a part of the picture.
So all in all this might be a crucial step for me just because I'm considering it all again.

>>18205478
>That just happens.
Or it doesn't.

>>18205469
So it's only to combat boredom? I thought it offered more, was a more fulfilling life than I already have. If it's the same as being alone, just more interesting, I think I can manage.
I don't feel bored right now, in fact that is never a problem for me. When I feel bored I think it's sort of an achievement for me - no stuff to be worried about, all is good. I think working on my own projects and stuff keeps my things interesting.
>>
>>18205492
>Or it doesn't

Of course, if it feels awkward after the first day, just drop that guy like a sack of shit and move forward.

I know it sounds cliche but if you don't try, you won't get friends. People approach you ONLY if you ALREADY have friends.

Don't be a defeatist and try. I know it's hard, I know it's awkward, I know you'd rather do anything else instead, but that's the only way.

And remember: "normies" can be the best of the bros, don't discard them. Having common interests can help, but it's not vital.
>>
>>18205381
Not op, but the two times I specifically tried this it didn't work. Granted, I tried this on girls who probably thought I was asking them out, but we got along and where friendly beforehand
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.